Video - "What Could Have Been"

Beautifully done and professionaly performed. Just don't understand how the song "fits' into the album as a whole and why smash a perfectly good guitar man?

I don't really get the idea of this song not fitting into the album as a whole. Obviously the song isnt the "same" as other ballads we've done but I mean generally, how does it fit any less appropriately than "Twilight Innocence" fit into TNR, or "If Forever" fit into TWTF, or "Through A Childs Eyes" fit into TPHD, etc.? We've never been a band who just stick to one or two moods throughout an entire cd, this is no different.

Funny that people keep mentioning the guitar smashing thing, lol. Just like everything else in the video it's symbolism, what precisely it means is up for interpretation, yknow? Think deep, guys :lol:

And fuck that stupid guitar, I've smashed nicer guitars and thrown them around onstage just because of bad monitor mixes in the past, so who cares?? LOL

The guitar was donated for the purpose of smashing it. It was in good shape, and a shit ton of fun to smash. Here's a funny little story... On the back panel, someone had written a long message with some bible quotes on it and some other religious mumbo jumbo, and after the guitar was destroyed, the entire message was in tact on the ground. Most of the back panel was crushed, but the hand written quotes remained untouched. Coincidence or something more? HMMMMM?

Something more as in...creepy. Did you let the written message stay in tact or did you proceed to destroy it and spite its attempts to remain? =)

Funny that people keep mentioning the guitar smashing thing, lol. Just like everything else in the video it's symbolism, what precisely it means is up for interpretation, yknow? Think deep, guys :lol:
LOL

I love the song but its so hard for me to listen to it because of the emotional punch it gives me. It makes me relive some shit i dont want to even think about right now. Anyways the seen with the guitar was just so intense for me, i understand all too well when sadness, pain or whatever emotion your feeling turns to anger and you just want to smash the hell out of everything.

Judging by comments I've seen on Youtube, FB, etc., this song seems to have alot of fans very divided. And that's perfectly ok. Songs like this one won't appeal to everyone. Along with the negatives, we've had some very strongly positive comments already about this song touching people. So it's all good.

Yes, this song grabbed a hold of me and I was deeply moved by it. I don't think you guys even grasp how great this song is. And I read some guy saying he didn't like the female vocals??? :loco: She has the voice of an angel and uses her phrasing very effectively, and she compliments Paul's cleans SO WELL. Huge kudos on this song guys. This is one hell of a beautiful, touching song. Everything about it - the guitar is brilliant, the cello...mmmmmmmm, so damn good...:Spin:

Agreed! It is a great song!

One thing I was thinking about earlier this week, this band I know from the Netherlands (they're called Dial) won some sorts of music video contest in the US. Maybe there are more of these contests, and you could enter this video! If you want to expand it to a broader audience, it might be a fruitful strategy.

They entered http://www.hdfest.com/ and http://www.bwfilmfestival.com.

Wow great video, very dark! Fit's the song perfectly.

So is this why you were asking for an acoustic guitar on FB Paul? Haha

This song keeps growing on me. Makes for the best songs. Thanks for going out on a limb and creating good music without strictly staying within the confines of genre.

And this really hits me hard emotionally. There's the moment, and then there's the song. In my moment, it's this song.