videos

elric

crunchy frog
Oct 16, 2001
u.s.a.
just wondering... does anyone still have a copy of the teargas live video that was posted on the website a while back? if so, would you be willing to post it somewhere that we less lucky people could download it from? also, i remember seeing some mention that there was a deadhouse video out there somewhere... same question, any way we can get our hands on it? i'd love to see these videos... thanks, folks

also, to add another bit of a question... i've seen several people mention a few katatonia bootlegs... where do you get these? in fact, where on earth do you get bootlegs in general from?? i've found some on the net, but... i mean, you see these bootleg traders all over the place, but where does one come up with something to trade in the first place? sorry if this is a dumb question, just something i've been wondering about...

oh and please note i'm not trying to buy bootlegs or such on here, so please no one get angry with me... im just wondering. thanks!

I'd like to see the videos too!

Could someone who has them, upload the files somewhere, so we who haven't seen them could download 'em. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... :eek:

Where do bootlegs come from?

Well, people attend concerts and record the show on some type of recording device (strangely enough) and press it onto multiple copies and sell it.

There you have the bootleg.

I'd like to see some videos too. We've got two entire Opeth shows, but nothing by Katatonia. I'd love to see something. It'd be just amazing, as Australia obviously doesn't receive bands like them here.

Well i have the Teargas video that was on the Katatonia site a while back... I'll try to post it for you guys if the guys (Katatonia) don't mind... Anders if you stop by and see this, what do you think?

I've got the "tear gas live" too, it's 22,5 MB big, so I don't know if there is a way to send it to you...and my internet connection is not that fast...but if you are interested send me a private message, we'll see if there is a way to send you the file.

thanks folks... dark chapter, if you could post that, that'd be absolutely wonderful... if that doesnt work out though, ether, i may take you up on that offer... also, i remember anders saying on here a while back that there was a teargas video (real music video, not live) shot... i dont know if there's space on the katatonia.com server, but if there is, i know that's something that we'd all love to see... please??

on that note also, a question i've been pondering... if *you* were to get to film/direct/whatever a katatonia video, what song would you pick, and what would you put in the video? personally, i could see 'a darkness coming' making a cool video... my random idea would be to have someone basically walking through the images from the booklet... a lot of them seem to have the same sort of background (a desert?), could have someone, i dont know, voyaging through the desert, coming across all these things, intercut with shots of the band playing, maybe have the voyager end up watching them play in the middle of the desert... not terribly creative, i know, so... what do you folks think? your personal vision of the ultimate katatonia music video - lets hear it...

(requiem - i try :p thanks for the blessing, whichever direction (up or down) it comes from :) )

There is a bootleg around that was recorded in Paris sometime last year (with 9 songs). You can download it from www.audiogalaxy.com This will take a while, but it's definately worth checking out. Nothing extraordinary, but still nice to have. "Deadhouse" is my favourite.

By the way, Beseech from Sweden are releasing their third album on April 2nd! This should be a red letter-day for all of you!

BESEECH!!! :headbang:

umm... i have 13 songs if you include the Intro!

Strange. Maybe I overlooked a few songs. I suppose I didn't get the encore (probably Murder or Endtime). The problem with Audiogalaxy is that you enter a bands name and end up with about 500 songs. Then you start browsing and find the same songs over and over again...or some dumbass didn't spell the title correctly or came up with something new. I've seen "Dancing December", "Passing By", "Didn't Tell A Soul"...to name but a few.

Actually, 13 (12) songs is quite a long set list. I don't think they played that many songs when I saw them live last year. Interesting.

track list is:

00 - Intro
01 - Deadhouse
02 - Teargas
03 - Stalemate
04 - March 4
05 - Chrome
06 - Tonight's Music
07 - For My Demons
08 - The Future of Speech
09 - Sweet Nurse
10 - I Am nothing
11 - Cold ways
12 - Murder

:D

I also have Endtime live which is from when they played Milwaukee Metalfest in 2000, i love it because Anders plays a short nice little intro to it

found it on audiogalaxy! soo nice to have this speedy college ethernet :) i must say, i'm very impressed... the sound quality is... welll... not too fantastic to say the least, but the playing and singing really shines through... jonas' vocals are ... well, i cant think of any way to describe them except amazing... while it doesnt always have the perfect sound of the album, its just dripping with emotion... live adds just so much more to the depths and power of his singing, it sounds to me... fucking amazing... okay - kata needs to come and play in the usa. now. please????? i guarantee you, i'd come, basically to anywhere i can drive to in a day or two, and i'd bring all my friends (regardless of whether or not they've ever heard of kata before)... how bout it, guys? this summer, come to california, enjoy the sunshine, and play me a show!!

I have a Katatonia show recorded in VHS from Milwaukee 2001 (and soon ether will have it too. Remember ether, mail me when you get it.... I sent it two weeks ago I think...) :err:

I also know a guy who has a show from 1996 in VHS! 1996!!! Brave Murder Day tour!!
At the moment this guy doesn´t want to trade with me because he isn´t interested in anything from my video list, but it´s sure I´ll ve it really soon.

And about the "Deadhouse" video.... I think it was Forlon_Soul who said he had it...

hmm... a question about the paris 2001 bootleg... who is doing vocals on murder? is that mikael, jonas, who? if anyone happens to know... doesnt sound like mikael to me, dont really know what jonas' death vox sounds like, but... ??