Villains - Directions To Servants (DI's inside) Instrumental

Hi!
Thanks for sharing this
My try

I liked your mix quite a bit. Guitars sounds alright, decent bass tone (better than mine), Not a fan of the drums. Not necessarily because they sounded bad, just because the snare is at the same velocity the whole song, your toms are muted, and the drums get super off at 1:14. Try changing the velocity randomly through the song on the snare to give it more of a natural sound. And by velocity, I don't mean the volume. If you're using samples, there should be multiple hits. Hard, medium, soft, ect.....

Last edited by a moderator:
These DI's are sick! Still working on this, I have a ton to do still but it's getting late
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2113488/directions 3.mp3

I really liked your guitar tone. The drums sound super fake though. The bass drum and snare sound like they're 8-bit samples. I'd try using snare samples and bass drum samples if you're using a program that is making the sounds you have now. Then use some compression, eq, reverb (if needed), ect.... I thought the lead in the beginning was a little loud. Besides that, I thought this was pretty good. I would maybe try something a little more full sounding on the master as well.

I really liked your guitar tone. The drums sound super fake though. The bass drum and snare sound like they're 8-bit samples. I'd try using snare samples and bass drum samples if you're using a program that is making the sounds you have now. Then use some compression, eq, reverb (if needed), ect.... I thought the lead in the beginning was a little loud. Besides that, I thought this was pretty good. I would maybe try something a little more full sounding on the master as well.
Thanks for the advice, It is really important for me :)
I will pay attention to this)

Word, I'm gonna reamp it again with a little more gain and try and get rid of that fuzzy lower mid range. Drums are something I didn't have time to get to yet. Thanks!

Thanx for multitrack! My try. Any criticism welcome :)

I thought your mix was a little dry. The cymbals seemed too loud, the guitar lacked body, ect... I would just work on making everything come together.

Thanks so much for the stems, such a sick track. I'm fairly new to mixing

had a quick go at mixing this track, would love to know what everyone thinks :)