villipend and amend the sins you condign(sp?)

dreaming neon darkspot

natures' retard
May 13, 2002
in times of grace
...what does that lyric from "Narcosynthesis" mean?:confused: I'm too damn lazy to go get my dictionary and look those words up,so I'm just looking to benifit from someone else's knowledge...as I do most of the time.BTW,I got the DHIADW cd yesterday,so,Amos,if you'd like me to burn it for you,it shall be done;since I know you don't enjoy buying your own cds,lol.
Also,at the beginning of "We Disintegrate",what are those lyrics-"I am the poet/The prophet in the pit"then something about a bullet to the head,"I never miss...you"I think it is?

Vilipend is a verb that means to treat w/contempt,despise or disparage and condign is an adjective for that means deserved or adequate. I take condign to mean deserved in this case

hmmm

"I am the poet, the prophet in the pit.
Like a ********* bullet, straight though the head I never miss"

dunno

whole voiced
or something...
thats at least what i think he says....

Thanks,Lillitu.I get lots of commentary on my sigs,which is cool.But I'm not sure if I'd change that one part.I wouldn't want to fuck around w/Warrel's obtuse and cryptic lyricism,lol.I went and looked those words up and I got basically the same definitions as you did...but I don't see how that all connects...WD just likes to fuck around w/our minds,I guess.Eh,it's his creative license:lol:

vilipend=
1 : to hold or treat as of little worth or account : CONTEMN
2 : to express a low opinion of : DISPARAGE

amend=
1 : to put right; especially : to make emendations in (as a text)
2 a : to change or modify for the better : IMPROVE <amend the situation> b : to alter especially in phraseology; especially : to alter formally by modification, deletion, or addition <amend the constitution>
intransitive senses : to reform oneself

condign=
DESERVED, suitable or compatible : FITTING
<condign punishment>

vilipend and amend the sins you condign

disparage and correct the sins you compatible?

looks like WD is using condign as a verb even though it's an adjective.

...what does that lyric from "Narcosynthesis" mean?:confused: I'm too damn lazy to go get my dictionary and look those words up,so I'm just looking to benifit from someone else's knowledge...as I do most of the time.BTW,I got the DHIADW cd yesterday,so,Amos,if you'd like me to burn it for you,it shall be done;since I know you don't enjoy buying your own cds,lol.
Also,at the beginning of "We Disintegrate",what are those lyrics-"I am the poet/The prophet in the pit"then something about a bullet to the head,"I never miss...you"I think it is?

gtfo noob