Vintersorg...A 'Musical Genius?'

metaluntildeath said:
Musician? Yes... On the Focusing Blur, V's & Mattias' timing is really interesting.. The way they play off of each other is truly musical.. Kinda the way Zamoth & Ihsahn played(Another Genius: Ihsahn!!!-Prometheus is something else) Compared to the way Peter & Mikael Play the are playing identically, thus limiting what can be created. Also, they have so many different layers of things going on, almost chaotic, but perfect.

Don't demean our abilities as musican's just because we hold V in a higher regard than you. Keep in mind that our opinions are, in fact, just opinions. :wave:

Other genius':

Jimi Hendrix
Peter Gabriel
Donald Fagen
Stephen Becker

i demean you not, nor do I invalidate your opinion.

but would you consider algol, a song that i figured out by ear after one listen, genius?

his stuff is good, just not as much as you hype it up to be.

Illnath said:
Mr. V walks the fine line between genius or insane:tickled: :loco:

i think he's kind of a genius but well i really dont see insane part on him or his music

anyway he have explore and create many things and i think he still can explore more things and do some more news stuff, some people (including me) can miss his old things but the new things are really good too i think he have been in the vanguard ... changing to good

Not his music but some lyrics but thats of course intent and makes them so brilliant, but also without it.

The thing i said about mr. v was more meant as a joke.

And I do have to say that Åkerfeldt beats Mr.V

But thats beacause I'm a bigger fan of Opeth than Vintersorg

the only thing that truly stands out to me about v's music is that, unlike most metal bands, he does have an understanding of the importance of dynamics. astral and arcane would be a good example of this, the parts vary in dynamic, and are well arranged, which is different from most metal, which is just in your face the whole time (dimmu borgir, whom i love, but don't do dynamics). but still, opeth is better at this; akerfeldt does a great job with arranging, mostly in the later albums.

well yea i kind of understend of the joke, but i also made it clear just because it's like a cliche to say that genius are in the same line of insanity...

getting back, i still thing vintersorg is better than akerfeltd, i think he have explore lots more things, i would compare vintersorg with swano in anycase, but anyway i think they all have their own way