Vintersorg...A 'Musical Genius?'

To be concidered a musical genious, I think one has to come up with great ideas which none has done before. Then both Quorthon, M. Åkerfeldt and Mr. V are musical Geniouses.

I must say, I just love the music vintersorg makes..
The first time I heard the music was for about 3 years ago I think, and it was love at first sight...Or shall I rather say - listen... :D

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
I am truly enjoying discovering his music. I love VISIONS FROM THE SPIRAL GENERATOR. I love THE FOCUSING BLUR. And I love Borknagar's EMPIRICISM.
Since you mentioned these three albums I recommend to pick up Borknagar's "Epic" too.

-not that familiar w/bathory

-i don't like opeth

-vintersorg has a unique voice, and can make good metal, but i don't know about genius- there are many other good prog metal artists just as good. check out the new disillusion [germany/metal blade]- similar style.

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
I know plenty of the members here would agree, and I've heard these comments before from other sites. That his vocal harmonies are a 'godsend' to music lovers.

Do you think others think he's a genius?

Does he truly rank with say Quorthon or Mikael Akerfeldt?

I have yet to hear the first mini-disc and the three albums prior to VISIONS FROM THE SPIRAL GENERATOR and THE FOCUSING BLUR, but from what I've heard from those two CD's (plus the Borknagar CD EMPIRISICM) he is worthy of all accolades.

Musical Genius? Most Definitely :worship: ... However Mikael A. is not even worthy of being mentioned when speaking of Mr. V's ability.. Vintersorg's melodies are so complex and musical, whereas Akerfeldt's are one dimensional, that's why I couldn't get into Damnation... Too Predictable!

However Mikael's growl is evil.... :worship:

i honestly can't believe this...vintersorg's music is in no way more complex than opeth! how many of you posting right now can actually legitimately consider yourselves musicians, not just because you play an instrument, i mean actually a musician?

Necramentia said:
i honestly can't believe this...vintersorg's music is in no way more complex than opeth! how many of you posting right now can actually legitimately consider yourselves musicians, not just because you play an instrument, i mean actually a musician?

I kinda consider myself as an musician, I make my own songs, I`m on stage, I play whateva there is, and it ain`t just metal, it`s country, pop, rock, dansbandmusic and so on.. If I`m not a musician I don`t know how you difine what a musician is...
And I think mr.V is a genius.. There are a lot of musicgeniuses, and we all have our opinion about who we think is better and so on, right?

There is something special about the music mr V makes, well, yeah sure there are melodys that`s kinda similar to mr V`s songs but if you listen you can hear they haven`t got mr V`s personality... :headbang:

Necramentia said:

Musician? Yes... On the Focusing Blur, V's & Mattias' timing is really interesting.. The way they play off of each other is truly musical.. Kinda the way Zamoth & Ihsahn played(Another Genius: Ihsahn!!!-Prometheus is something else) Compared to the way Peter & Mikael Play the are playing identically, thus limiting what can be created. Also, they have so many different layers of things going on, almost chaotic, but perfect.

Don't demean our abilities as musican's just because we hold V in a higher regard than you. Keep in mind that our opinions are, in fact, just opinions. :wave:

Other genius':

Jimi Hendrix
Peter Gabriel
Donald Fagen
Stephen Becker