Vinyl Appreciation Thread

Well, I FINALLY got a turntable today, and I'm christening it with 'Brave Murder Day'! I've had a stack of metal records for years now, but I never got to play them until now. Next maybe I'll go for 'Saw You Drown' or 'Jhva Elohim Meth'... or maybe Blind Guardian's 'Follow the Blind' or Opeth's 'Orchid'. Not sure. I've got some old Bathory records, too, and a Venom/Morbid Angel split, and Agalloch's 'The Grey'... also some old Jethro Tull, a Uriah Heep album, a Camel album... well, a bunch of stuff. (Sorry, I'm bragging, even though I know some people here could put this shit to shame.)

Anyway, 'Brave' sounds fucking great! I can't help thinking this is how it was meant to sound. It's not quite as 'sharp' as a CD - sounds slightly more 'decayed' (in a good way), and it fits the mood perfectly. I'm pretty fucking excited, I must say! m/

Who's with me?!

i am, and brag away i couldn't be more jealous. the rarest thing i have is opeth damnation(but its unplayed and may stay that way knowing me:() id like to collect some more really rare vinyls thoguh, i love them, they are just cooler overall than cds i find, as for the debate as to which sounds better, i am undecided as of yet :lol: