Virgin Steele for PP Damnit!

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
Isn't it about time this great band hits the PP stage as "the" Headliner? I would love to see them play in a PP setting. I have seen them a few times at various shitholes in New York and David is just an incredible musician; not to mention, he was a great guy to talk to as well. What do you guys think about VS for PP next year?

nightwish58 said:
Isn't it about time this great band hits the PP stage as "the" Headliner? I would love to see them play in a PP setting. I have seen them a few times at various shitholes in New York and David is just an incredible musician; not to mention, he was a great guy to talk to as well. What do you guys think about VS for PP next year?
I've listed them at least twice since the debate for PP8 bands started. :headbang: :kickass:

Eh, no. I liked the House of Atreus albums, but the rest doesn't do much for me. And I doubt they are big enough to headline. Maybe the 75 minute slot.

I've seen them three times in NY. Combined...I'd say there were about 250 people at the shows.

I would LOVE to see them in Atlanta. Easily one of the best live acts around!

Great Sword of Flame!! That's all I have to say.

This would be cool but I think it's a real longshot. If they do play PP I want to hear the first few words of "Metal City" though, always crack me up.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Never cared for VS, I tried.......
(I do like them light years more than PoS) :heh:

J-Dubya
Right there with ya, bro.
They would be the band that I watched the first few songs then went out to socialize/shop.

For those newbies that may not have heard Virgin Steele, think of them as an intelligent Manowar. Yes, that's an oxymoron, but it is the truth. Check out their myspace page and listen to "Child of Desolation." That is an *awesome* tune and I've hooked many new people on them with that song. I dare you to try and hit that note he nails at the 2:18 mark.

No Thank you, and definitely not as a Headliner, this would be either eating time or socializing or vendor time.

Given that they don't draw more than 100 people when they *headline* outside of their homebase, they'd be a terrible choice as a headliner. I'm not commenting on the music, but from a business perspective they're just not going to draw anyone in the US.

Matt Crooks said:
Given that they don't draw more than 100 people when they *headline* outside of their homebase, they'd be a terrible choice as a headliner. I'm not commenting on the music, but from a business perspective they're just not going to draw anyone in the US.

I disagree completely. This was four years ago and the "scene" has changed completely. They'd pack the same places they played back then.

Ex: Edguy couldn't have sold 25 tickets in NYC in 2001. Now, they damn near sell out an 800 person venue.

Same can be said for VS.