Virus vs. Into the Abyss

Which do you like more?

• Virus

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Into the Abyss

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
I dont know about that statement. Into the Abyss for me, is arguably their worst album (minus a few select songs). The production is thin which really did it in for me. I was very turned off by that album, especially since it came out after the greatest death metal album of all time, The Self Titled Hypocrisy.

My vote is for Virus 100%

Warpath is better than Fire In the Sky?!?!?!?!?!?! No fucking way. Fire in the sky is much much better than warpath. Also there aren't any weak tracks on Into the Abyss.

amonamarth10 said:
Warpath is better than Fire In the Sky?!?!?!?!?!?! No fucking way. Fire in the sky is much much better than warpath. Also there aren't any weak tracks on Into the Abyss.
Well that's your opinion, the only tracks I really love on ITA are Fire In The Sky, Blinded, Legions Descend, and Deathrow, the rest are kind of meh. I'm sure nostalgia is blinding you on which songs are better, but maybe a few years down the road you'll change your mind and see that Virus is superior.

I think 'Virus' is definitely better, but I really love 'Into the Abyss' now. I think along the lines of what Firefest9 said, I think after putting out the line of albums leading to 'Into the Abyss' that '...Abyss' just sounded totally different & out of place when it was released.:dopey:

I'd go with VIRUS 100%

Into the abyss wasnt as deep as the other albums...something was lacking...ok DEATHROWS is a masterpiece...Blinded is a riot...but songs like Digital prophecy...total eclipse...sodomized...really, theyarent bad at all but, frankly, who would dare says that they would belong on an Hypocrisy best of?

besides...I like fire in the sky...but I never got into the hype as much as you did...so yeah, VIRUS IT IS BABY!!!

Oh really? I don't know about Canada, but here in the US it's in stores mainly like BestBuy, other than record stores. I'm actually surprised to see Hypocrisy being carried in a major chain like BestBuy to be honest w/ you---especially w/ the music that it is, it doesn't sound like a mainstream death metal album!:loco:

Virus took me about a month to get, and I live in Toronto Canada. My guess is that the record store (HMV megastore is the only place that carries Hypocrisy in Toronto) didn't get them sooner because of the error on the cd. Either way, I ended up getting the German import disc because they got it sooner. That was $45 well spent.

Bonesjoints :

I live in Canada and only got my CD + DVD LIVE a week ago...at HMV

I think its from the 2nd batch they received at the store I went...I admit I was expecting to get it earlier...maybe they are just seeling more CD's than they thought it the first place :)

into the abyss is good, it was my first album i heard and bought of hypocrisy, but virus is also a very good one, but i prefer the sound of into the abyss. but at the moment virus is more in my cdplayer......

Supernova said:
Bonesjoints :

I live in Canada and only got my CD + DVD LIVE a week ago...at HMV

I think its from the 2nd batch they received at the store I went...I admit I was expecting to get it earlier...maybe they are just seeling more CD's than they thought it the first place :)

I talked to the guys at HMV (they wanted that cd too) and they simply weren't getting the damn cd for some unknown reason (the error is my guess). I was really ticked off by that because I came to HMV all the way from Brampton just for that cd and it was even advertised at the store, those fucking assholes.