Vision Divine- Amazing Live....

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
DVD performance! Holy shit is all i can say after just watching the new VD DVD titled Stage of Consciousness. Michele Lupi is an absolutely phenomenal singer and Olaf Thorsen and Company are incredible.

This band deserves a shot at Prog Power in a 3rd slot in my opinion. It is about time we bring some Italians back since it has been a while (Secret Sphere last time).

For those of you who like VD, you must get this DVD; they do the whole entire Stream of Consciousness live and then there are some bonus tracks from their earlier material.

I believe they have a new album coming out soon; I would love to see them next year at Prog Power.

Thoughts???

MAN!!!!!!!! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THESE GUYS PLAY PROGPOWER TOO!!!!!!!!! :headbang: I love their music!!!!!!!!!!!! Even their cover of "take on me" :D

AngraRULES said:
Honestly I've never heard the band before... any cd recommendations so I can check them out?

I would go with their latest, Stream of Consciousness. The debut self titled album with Fabio Lione is awesome as well. Send Me An Angel(second album) was a bit of a let down for me, but they followed that up with a new singer and incredible disc along with the DVD. The new one comes outr next month I believe.

I was pissed when Olaf left Labyrinth, but he appears to be doing very well with VD, so I can't complain.

nightwish58 said:
I would go with their latest, Stream of Consciousness. The debut self titled album with Fabio Lione is awesome as well. Send Me An Angel(second album) was a bit of a let down for me, but they followed that up with a new singer and incredible disc along with the DVD. The new one comes outr next month I believe.

I was pissed when Olaf left Labyrinth, but he appears to be doing very well with VD, so I can't complain.

man, i saw their live just one week before, and ithe show was amazing! i posted the review on my blog and i'll copy and paste the main part here :D

...........What I can say… When I heard the news that Fabio and other Labyrinth guys left the band, I kinda thought it might be the end of Olaf’s career…at the same time, I heard the rumour saying this new singer surpassed the former in many ways… and I doubted it. BUT well, now I witnessed. He, Michele Luppi, is GOD! The rumour was true! What an amazing voice! His voice went through all the loud waves of sound and reached to every corner of the venue, like Moses divided the water of the ocean to let people pass safely(an I correct here?), Luppi’s song had a power to bring us to supreme bliss. It would have been better if there are more chances for Federico Puleri (ex-SevenGates) to play solo parts. ........

and their setlist was;
1; Stream Of Unconsciousness(SE)~The Secret Of Life
2; Colours Of My World
3; Send Me An Angel
4; La Vita Fugge
5; Versions Of The Same
6; We Are, We Are Not
7; Out Of The Maze
8; Identities
9; New Eden
<Encore>
10; Land Of Fear&#65288;from their upcoming album The Perfect Machine&#65289;

i love to see Michele again! if it's on ProgPower stage, it will be awesome!

Agreed! I just got this DVD myself, and its fucking awesome! Wouldnt mind seeing these guys at PP at all!

I also was fortunate enough to get a Japan promo of the new CD "The Perfect Machine". Great album, filled with more ballsy riffs, and awesome Luppi sung melodies.

I would like to see them too. I have all 3 of their albums, and think the 1st and 3rd are the best. The 2nd album's best song is the cover song, and the rest is forgetable (overuse of keyboards, lack of good melodies like the first).

I've been meaning to order the DVD, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

nightwish58 said:
DVD performance! Holy shit is all i can say after just watching the new VD DVD titled Stage of Consciousness. Michele Lupi is an absolutely phenomenal singer and Olaf Thorsen and Company are incredible.

This band deserves a shot at Prog Power in a 3rd slot in my opinion. It is about time we bring some Italians back since it has been a while (Secret Sphere last time).

For those of you who like VD, you must get this DVD; they do the whole entire Stream of Consciousness live and then there are some bonus tracks from their earlier material.

I believe they have a new album coming out soon; I would love to see them next year at Prog Power.

Thoughts???
I agree with you in that they would fit nicely into a #3 slot. Their 4th disc comes out in Europe a few weeks. It's called "The Perfect Machine". They would fit really nicely on the Prog Power bill. They are a bit progressive, power, and always melodic. Good band, and an excellent recommendation.

Britt

Azrael LenGraden said:
So the singer on SEND ME AN ANGEL is not the current singer now?

Thanks
Nope. Michelle Luppi's first effort with Vision Divine was the last VD effort ... Stream Of Consciousness. Luppi will be on the upcoming new one as well.

Prior to Luppi I think Fabio Lione from Rhapsody handled vocals on the first two.

Britt

AngraRULES said:
Honestly I've never heard the band before... any cd recommendations so I can check them out?
I think Stream Of Consciousness is the best of the three they have out. I noticed that CD Universe had this title for under 10 bucks when I was there earlier. They have a new one coming out called "The Perfect Machine", and it should be smokin'. There is an mp3 of a new tune called "God Is Dead" over at the scarlet records site.

http://www.scarletrecords.it/ click on mp3's, and you'll find the mp3 there. There are some other mp3's there for download as well. Scarlet Records has some pretty good bands on their roster.

Britt

I'll be blunt as hell.

I did not like Fabio Lione with Vision Divine.

I absolutely WORSHIP Michele's singing! I've been trying to sing along to this album, and as soon as I get to La Vita Fugge, I'm completely whupped. I have no idea how he holds that loooooong note at the end of the song, but this guy is easily the best new discovery in the last two years.

Does anyone know if Michele performed on any other releases? Any other bands? Side projects? ANYTHING???

I wanna see Vision Divine at Prog Power. And I wanna see Labyrinth as well. And then Olaf and Michele can come out and they all do a huge HUGE jam of Save Me, and then everyones' brains will instantly explode.

And all will be good in the world.

*goes shopping for VD album and DVD*