Visiting Norway

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
specifically music. so give me you suggestions on where is a good school for music. and where is all the metal?!

in the reasearch ive done adger looks really interesting. that would mean i'd be living in Kristiansand or there abouts.

so where would you suggest i look into. please keep in mind that being near shows is important! i'm into mainly death but some black as well. more the emperor style of black metal.

thanks
~gR~

Go to Oslo! Thats where its happening. There is also alot going on in Bergen and Trondheim. Im trying to get into some schools myself. Mainly in Trondheim. I havent heard of anything happening in Kristiansand but its a great place anyway.

spaffe said:
well since no norweigan has bothered to answer i'll name the first thing i always think of when norway and tourism is mentioned: "hurtigrutten" hehe
It's spelled Hurtigruten. But it's a very expensive way to travel.

arkah said:
Going to Norway this August. What places and evets would you advise?

Norway is a big (long) country with lots of attractions. It depends on what you want to see or experience. But you should visit Western or Northern Norway if you want to see nature.

Yo...

I'm about to leave for a mammoth 5-week tour of Europe, including Norway and Sweden. I'll be seeing Stockholm, Oslo, and Bergen. I was wondering a few things...if there are any natives that could help me with this, that would be great...

1) What is a good website to go to in searching for Scandanavian concert listings? I went to pollstar.com and it didn't really have anything...I have a feeling there isn't much metal on that site except for really big bands. I just want to make sure I am not missing any good shows while I'm there.

2) Are there are any good metal bars/rock clubs? I'll be in Scandanavia for about 9 or 10 days (especially Stockholm...I'll be there for about half that time), and I was wondering if there are any popular metal hangouts.

If anyone could give me pointers, that would be great. Thanks... :wave:

1) Dunno, the websites I use are in Norwegian.
2) Elm Street! That's a great metal pub in Oslo. If you're lucky you'll run into someone from the Norwegian metal scene (I think many of them use to frequent that place). I've also heard some rumours about Fenriz from Darkthrone arranging guided tours of the surrounding woods, tour starting at Elm Street.

thanx everybody. thanx Nugent Goes AOL for help. I use this inf. next year. I didn't get to Scandinavia for I had to guide a girl back to Irkutsk.She managed to hurt her back swimming in the sea and didn't agree to return back by train. She couldn't even carry her sack. Greedy bitch.

I've also heard good things about that "Elmstreet" place in Oslo! Hope to go there sometime.

We have a similar place here in Copenhagen (DK) called Tex, where all the metalfans/musicians hang out and get drunk :kickass:

fenrisulven said:
Elm street is overrated. I want to start my own pub.

Hope you'll succeed. We had several rock'n'roll pubs, metalhead's pub, they turned to be icecreamcafes a bit later. Bike club (read -- pub) still exists but they don't let alliens. Fortunately we've got a quay
where there's plenty of space for punks hippies metalfans and some other freaks to meet and do what they please. Cops prefer not to notice us here.
Last year we were meeting in a destroyed church, however when local residents start complaining of us, administration of the city urgently found money for restoration. So we are still there, at the quay.