Vital Remains - Icons of Evil

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I can't believe no one's mentioned this yet, despite the fact there's shitty threads about "Megadeth rule *noobs read*" and shite like that all over this place. FFS.

Anyhow, new Vital Remains. Anyone else heard it? It hasn't quite grabbed me yet, similar to Dechristianize but not quite as good to my ears, although I've only listened a few times. The main problem for me so far is Benton's vocals - not the quality, just the quantity. He seems to be roaring over most of the album, not giving the sublime riffage and melodies enough space to breathe.
But like I say, I haven't listened to it much yet, I'm sure it'll grow on me.

The final track seemed totally out of place to me, stylistically totally different from the rest of the album. "Fuck me, that sounds like they got Malmsteen to play the solo on that!" I thought. Having looked it up I find it's actually a Malmsteen cover - and Suzuki does a fucking incredible job of recreating the solo!

I still can't see past Krisiun's "AssasiNation" as the best DM album of recent years though.

I tend to like new Deicide over Vital Remains but I'm definitely checking this out, when I get back to college I'm checking out the new song on their MySpace I think.

Pretty lame in comparison to Dechristianise. I keep listening for it to 'click', and it still hasn't:heh: .

u make a good point, what;s with some of these gay threads? but yeah i think its a pretty good album, but dechristianize was alot better. i think that teh song Icons Of evil truly sticks out though.

There isn't a thread about Vital Remains because Vital Remains is a joke (although they used to be decent).

Anyone heard the new Abscess yet?

Glenn Benton's vocals are ok, but they can get goofy at times a la chris barnes. The new Deicide had no right to be as good as it was, but Jack Owen and Ralph Santolla somehow threw their best ideas in the hat all at the same time. Glenn's vocals didn't really complement or deter the music.

honestly the vocals are fucking terrible. but thats just my opinion. and to the person talking about the new deicide i know exactly what you mean.

I'ts the whole "everyone else hates Benton so I have to hate him as well" syndrome ala Dimmu, COF, 6 Feet Under and other similar topics....
I'm one of the few members here that likes SFU I'm sure. CoF is very good in some things, good, in some, decent, and worse like in that song Temptation, sounds like a sell-out song. Dimmu is good in parts and decent in parts.

I'm one of the few members here that likes SFU I'm sure. CoF is very good in some things, good, in some, decent, and worse like in that song Temptation, sounds like a sell-out song. Dimmu is good in parts and decent in parts.

Your one of the few who i respect who don't jump on any bandwagons... :worship: you like what you like and cares less what others think or do....

If you honestly hate them then ok... but if your just jumping on the bandwagon because everyone else is then your not being honest...

Yeah, I mean none of them are Dark Funeral bad - but I really just don't like them. My tastes generally speak for themselves as proof of me not being a bandwagoner.