Vocal effect

Just doubled?

edit;

just a lot of layering, and then delay on the end of the passage (around 24 seconds) which maybe through the whole thing - but i've only got it through my MBPs speakers.

I think for the fade in there might be "pre" delay or the line with reversed reverb on it.

Can't really make it out.

Not a massive fan of them, but one of the better "newer" bands in that scene.

There's a bit of pre-delay before the main vocal part hits, but I don't think the delay is playing a serious role (if any) in the sound you're after. It just sounds like a few layers (three or four maybe) of performances of the same tone and intensity.
I'm not into Whitechapel myself, but from what I've heard on Myspace, I think Zeuss' mix sounds great (I like the drum sound more than the guitar tone). The whole death-core thing really does absolutely nothing for me in terms of musical arousal, though. Every band in the genre is indistinguishable from one another in terms of songwriting, and they all seem to have started within the last two years or so...I always find myself wondering, what were all these death-core musicians doing before they all decided to start bands that sound identical?