Vocal Effects!?!?

I never got what people mean with "singing from the stomach". I can't choose how to sing/growl/howl, it just 'comes'. All i know is that my voice sounds way better after a metal show, especially an AA one... just more rougher if you knoiw what I mean... not so jewish...

But it's true johan has an incredible dark voice, I always thought he was speaking extra low at shows and in Thousand years of oppression because it sounds cooler, but then I saw an interview with him damn that's low!

Belgar said:
Sorry, I had to press stop after 20 secs, the music itself isn't too bad (see the other samples) but the vox effetcs is killing it.

Fair enough, I'll agree that I used too much reverb on them. I'll keep practicing.... and try to lay off the 'help'

peppered said:
Fair enough, I'll agree that I used too much reverb on them. I'll keep practicing.... and try to lay off the 'help'

Don't overuse effects. If you can hear them quite well, then it's too much. Reverb should be used to where it's hardly audible. Effects are only good if they're used correctly, otherwise, they sound like, well, effects.

Here one of my early growling tests. So please don't laugh :tickled: - it's just my voice without music but I'm sure you know what I am "growling" and also forgive that bad quality, I haven't got the right microphone yet.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8943027/DIF.mp3.html

(to download the clip you have to scroll down the page and klick on "Free" and then you have to wait about 20 sek.)