Vocal tracks

LeBatteur

New Metal Member
Jun 22, 2010
Quebec City
bernardouellet.com
Hello Michael,

You're one of my favorite singer of all time, up there with James LaBrie, Bruce Dickinson and Ray Alder. One thing that distinguishes Circus Maximus from other prog-metal bands is all the vocal tracks and harmonies.

My question is, on average, how many vocal tracks do you record for a song? I know that Truls has a good voice too, but do you typically do all the harmonies and different vocal tracks in a song?

Thanks in advance for the answer!

Awaiting the next CM album,

Bernard - LeBatteur

Hello Michael,

You're one of my favorite singer of all time, up there with James LaBrie, Bruce Dickinson and Ray Alder. One thing that distinguishes Circus Maximus from other prog-metal bands is all the vocal tracks and harmonies.

My question is, on average, how many vocal tracks do you record for a song? I know that Truls has a good voice too, but do you typically do all the harmonies and different vocal tracks in a song?

Thanks in advance for the answer!

Awaiting the next CM album,

Bernard - LeBatteur

Hi there Bernard , thx for the kind words :)

It all comes down to how we would like the song to sound in the end.
Usually I only record a single voice for the verse and do some dubbs in the pre-chorus , while in the chorus we like to play around with different voices , so here all the guys join in with their pipes :headbang:

There are of course songs where I do all the harmonies , cause that is the way we would want it to sound on that song.

Rock on :headbang:

Mikey