Vocalist in need of help

SLAYER85

Old School Youngin
Mar 10, 2002
north carolina
Visit site
my freind has recruited me to play with him and his freinds, im doing vocals, waht kind of PA system should i pick up and waht would be a good inexpensive one youd recommend, its a death metal band.

Assuming you plan to gig, and you are in NC, you probably won't be gigging very big venues. What Watt amps are the Guitar and Bass Player using? Is the drummer loud as crap? Will the guitarists and bassist want to mic their amps thru you PA or will it just be you with a mic thru your PA? Without the answers to those questions, I suggest you go to musiciansfriend.com and click on the live sound option at the top of the screen. Scroll down and look for packages on the left hand sid of the screen and click on PA. Read up on them. IMO, I'd go with the Kustom Profile One PA package with 100 watts for $299. You'd still need a mic, but they have a Sennheiser mic with mic stand package there too. This will give you some ideas, Good luck.

problem is slayer85,good pa costs money.if its just for rehersal then you shouldnt have to pay out too much.all my pa stuff comes from a place in germany called thomann.they are very cheap,but i guess it doesnt help you too much cause your in the u.s.
i havnt helped here really have i.
my best recommendation as far as gear goes is jbl speakers and souncraft desks.they are what i use and i love them.shure beta 58a's are good robust vocal mics,but sennheiser and beyerdynamic do good mics cheaper than that.