Voice on track 7

Well...I should now the right words...shouldn`t I ??!! he he

EYMetalHead said:
Well, I have no idea who's got it right here, but I must say that when I listened to it, I heard "We have the human baby." I dunno. Maybe my ears are hearing what they want to hear or something. I'm not exactly sure what the guy is saying, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Really? He does say the human baby? That is interesting, because it sure sounds like we have to kill the baby. Oh well, like you said, I'm sure you know more than we do! So does the child not get killed then?

Hm.....Now I`m feeling stupid.....I just talked to Tom and it`s true what you`re saying...it IS " we have to kill the baby"...sorry..." i SHOULD NOW THAT...SHOULDN`T i"....he he

Oakenson said:
Yes, I truly think it says " ... we have to kill the baby." I've listened to it about ten times now and I really cannot get "human" out of any of that!

Heh - I'm NOT deaf after all! :p "We have to kill the baby" made more sense to me, given the whole theme of the album and the context of what the freaky fundie was saying.

I've tried to transcribe what the fundie is saying in this song, but there's a bit in the last third where I can only catch a word or two:

A little baby is born. Hallelujah. This little baby is going to be the messiah. He is going to take away the power of sin. God bless the cross! Right on the doorstep of the throne of Satan. No more can he hold you with guilt, condemnation, and fear. He has no power to do that any more, and if you are under condemnation and fear, then go to the blood (?) [can’t understand the rest] free man! We have to kill the baby!

Can anyone sound out the missing part (or correct anything I got wrong)? It sounds to me like he's telling the flock to tell Satan to fuck off. But how he gets from "a little baby is born, hallelujah" to "we have to kill the baby!", I don't know... I don't understand that progression.

Thats way I STILL belive that he says " we have a human baby" :Spin:

jaimek said:
I've tried to transcribe what the fundie is saying in this song, but there's a bit in the last third where I can only catch a word or two:

A little baby is born. Hallelujah. This little baby is going to be the messiah. He is going to take away the power of sin. God bless the cross! Right on the doorstep of the throne of Satan. No more can he hold you with guilt, condemnation, and fear. He has no power to do that any more, and if you are under condemnation and fear, then go to the blood (?) [can’t understand the rest] free man! We have to kill the baby!

Can anyone sound out the missing part (or correct anything I got wrong)? It sounds to me like he's telling the flock to tell Satan to fuck off. But how he gets from "a little baby is born, hallelujah" to "we have to kill the baby!", I don't know... I don't understand that progression.

While we're transcribing the voices, I gave a shot at When The Walls Go Down:

Lord, if you don't help I can't get through this. I can't. Lord I'm too old for games. Please. And I'm tired of rhetoric. Meaningless rhetoric. It never changes things. Lord, please help me. Help me.

I was feeling God's praise! And I never had anything that's been any worth to God in my 50 years, that wasn't born in agony! Never! Never! Dead, empty. And I know that sermons won't do it. I know that revelation won't do it, covenant won't do it. I know now, oh my God do I know it. And tell I have been in agony. And tell I have been angry, stubborn. I'm preaching sermons, oh God!
I broke down, and I wept. And I mourned. Does it matter to you at all? I can't handle this. I can barely make it into today.
Little by little you're losing...the love of God, the love of Christ! People I know that...were my friends and I see them go one by one, some of my closest friends. You're changing! You know what you were. You're changing! Little by little something's happening to you. Will it bring you to your knees? That's all the Devil wants to do, you have to fight out it of you, and kill it! So you won't labor in prayer anymore, you won't weep before God anymore. Go to Hell! No weeping, not a word of prayer, it's all ruined! You're laughing. This is life and death. When the walls go down, ruin sets in.
Where the tears? Where's the mourning? Where's the confessing? Love of Christ, the agony of God's heart. We have sinned.

[kick-fucking-ass outro!]

I couldn't make out the word in the first 'chapter'..."red-something" I think.

I think its

Lord, if you don't help I can't get through this. I can't. Lord I'm too old for games. Please. And I'm tired of rage, meaningless rage. It never changes things. Lord, please help me. Help me

I was sealing God's praise! And I never had anything that's been any worse to God in my 50 years, that wasn't born in agony! Never! Never! Dead, empty. And I know that sermons won't do it. I know that revelation won't do it, covenant won't do it. I know now, oh my God do I know it. And tell I have been in agony. And tell I have been angry, stubborn. I'm preaching sermons, oh God!
I broke down, and I wept. And I morned. Does it matter to you at all? I can't handle this. I can barely make it into today.
Little by little you're losing...the love of God, the love of Christ! People I know that...were my friends and I see them go one by one, some of my closest friends. You're changing! You know what you were. You're changing! Little by little something's happening to you. Will it bring you to your knees? That's all the Devil wants to do, you have to fight out it of you, and kill it! So you won't labor in prayer anymore, you won't weep before God anymore. Go to Hell! No weeping, not a word of prayer, it's all ruined! You're laughing. This is life and death. When the walls go down, ruin sets in.
Where the tears? Where's the mourning? Where's the confessing? Love of Christ, the agony of God's heart. We have sinned.

However I am not sure.

jaimek said:

I think this part is:

then go to the blood, confess this together (or maybe to the devil?) "You can't condemn me anymore. I'm not a condemned man, I am a free man!"

I heard: "I was feeling God's praise! And I never had anything that's been any worth to God in my 50 years,

That is correct...the way I interpret that song is that the main character's disillusionment turns to rage, and the preacher considers this a betrayal, and a violent confrontation ensues...either that or the former is so overcome with grief he decides to take his own life.

ProgMetalFan said:
i believe he says "meaningless RHETORIC" as opposed to "meaningless RAGE"

It does sound like that, its just that I the only meaning of that word that I know (ie rhetorical question) didn't fit. What does it mean in this context?

"Rhetoric" is defined in part as insincere speech, or grandiloquent - bombastic, pompous, colorful, etc. It's often used in reference to religious rants, when they spout for hours with lots of biblical quotes but don't really say anything of substance.

Thanks for the corrections, most did sound like what you said after further listens...I don't really know how 'rhetoric' fits either but it sure sounds like that's what he's saying. The feeling/sealing part I'm not sure of, but 'feeling' sounds more fitting.

EDIT: Rhetoric can be understood as using language effectively. I was thinking that maybe this speaker is talking about meaningless rhetoric as in 'praise of God' that is just words, without meaning or depth to it.

EDIT #2: Damn you Jaime.

Frosties said:
It does sound like that, its just that I the only meaning of that word that I know (ie rhetorical question) didn't fit. What does it mean in this context?
Looking through the dictionary, this defintion of "rhetoric" is most appropriate for this context:
  1. Language that is elaborate, pretentious, insincere, or intellectually vacuous: His offers of compromise were mere rhetoric.
Often we hear of stuff like "political rhetoric" when a politician is making ridiculous statements with cliched political jargon... and that can easily be adapted to the "religious rhetoric" that the preacher in "The Inner Circle" uses to bring people into his cult. The man speaking in track 10 comes to the revelation that after all these years... everything he has been told... has not been of substance... has not been true... it has no meaning... it has only been hollow rhetoric.