Vol. 8

Yea, Volume 8 was cool, but there were a few ups and downs.

And there's that song P&V where it sounds like they've censored John Bush saying "fucking", it's the line "...because I'm motherf$&in fortified"

I don't know if it's just my version or not but it definitely sounds like they've tried to cut the F%$ckin out of it - anyone with me or am I insane?

Captain Trips said:
Yea, Volume 8 was cool, but there were a few ups and downs.

And there's that song P&V where it sounds like they've censored John Bush saying "fucking", it's the line "...because I'm motherf$&in fortified"

I don't know if it's just my version or not but it definitely sounds like they've tried to cut the F%$ckin out of it - anyone with me or am I insane?
Yeah, you got the censored version! Pick up the expanded version! :headbang:

I like V8, but it's my least fave Bush era disc. I just find a few tracks like Hog Tied and Big Fat that don't get me stomping like some others.

The diversity on this album was great, without sounding contrived (compared to WCFYA, where it just sounded like they were trying to hard to put a bunch of radio-friendly songs together, which of course backfired). The band was obviously having fun when they made this record, and likewise I had a lot of fun listening to it. I agree that the first three tracks absolutely kill. There's a number of tunes that sound great on their own, but sound even better taken as a whole. As I said in the other thread about Volume 8, this is basically tied with SOWN for my favorite album of all-time (not just Thrax), and I think it's really underrated (or ignored or just plain hasn't been heard thanks to the wonderful label support they had for this one).

Inside Out is one of my favourite Anthrax tracks ever !!!

When I am having/had a crap day at work, I often put that song on while driving home - it often preps me up. Can't put my finger on exactly why, but hey it works !!!!

Sgt-D said:
Every song on V8 fucking rules. Catharsis is not only one of my fave 'thrax songs, but one of my fave all-time songs!

Now I'm gonna have to listen to that one!

Mine too, I can really relate to the "angels in my heart, devils in my eyes" line.

MikeyBong said:
Yeah, you got the censored version! Pick up the expanded version! :headbang:

Goddamnit!! I fuckin hate censorship so that really pisses me off!

I just walked into the record store when it came out ( i think it was'98) and purchased it.

It didn't have any warnings like "Censored Version" or "Clean Version" or anything.
That pisses me off.

Ah well, I guess I've got an excuse to but the enhanced version now!