Volbeat and Anthrax Tour

Mikey-Bong

May 29, 2011
It's happening in the spring. US and Canada.

4/24/15 Denver, CO 1STBANK Center
4/25/15 Rapid City, SD Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
4/27/15 Spokane, WA Spokane Arena
4/28/15 Missoula, MT Adams Center
4/29/15 Seattle, WA WaMu Theatre
5/01/15 Grande Prairie, AB Revolution Place
5/02/15 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
5/03/15 Calgary, AB Calgary Stampede Corral
5/04/15 Saskatoon, SK SaskTel Centre
5/06/15 Regina, SK Brandt Centre
5/07/15 Grand Forks, ND Ralph Englestad Arena
5/12/15 Oshawa, ON General Motors Centre
5/13/15 Ottawa, ON TD Place
5/14/15 Quebec City, QC Quebec Colisee Pepsi
5/15/15 Montreal, QC CEPSUM Montreal
5/18/15 Saginaw, MI Dow Events Center
5/19/15 Evansville, IN Ford Center
5/20/15 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
5/22/15 Sioux City, IA Tyson IBF Events Center
5/27/15 Dallas, TX Verizon Grand Prairie
5/28/15 Houston, TX Bayou Music Center
5/31/15 St. Louis, MO Outdoors at Pop's
6/02/15 New York, NY Hammerstein Ballroom

Additional Dates To Be Announced

Edited to add the tour dates...

Yeah they've become massive on the back of their last 2 records. I'd love to see this show.

Then I really don't understand this phenomena that is Volbeat. Perhaps I should you tube them and find out what the fuss is about.

Certainly those who I tend to hang with know nothing about them

OK. I skimmed through Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood on youtube as a random choice. Now I know why they are so popular. They basically sound like Nickleback / Foo fighters. Pop rock. For a moment I thought I was missing something good!

OK. I skimmed through Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood on youtube as a random choice. Now I know why they are so popular. They basically sound like Nickleback / Foo fighters. Pop rock. For a moment I thought I was missing something good!

I like Foo Fighters...just sayin'. :)

I really don't think Volbeat are "huge", but they do ok. They're probably just below the level of bands like Avenged Sevenfold and FFDP in the US.

Personally, I think they're better than the two bands I mentioned, but whatever. I'll know for sure once I finally see them.

I guess it's clear why Rob left for Volbeat, they are pretty successful commercially. Hopefully more dates will be announced and the tour will head my way!

I just read that. Volbeat headlining? I had no idea they were so big in the US.

Last year anthrax and volbeat played Chicago on the same night. Thrax played HoB w/ a 1300 capacity while volbeat headlined the 4500 capacity Aragon. In many parts of Europe volbeat plays arenas and they are all over commercial rock radio in the states. They aren't my cup of tea, but the last album featured king diamond on a cool track. Rob actually took the place of hank Sherman (mercyful fate) when he left the band. Its cool that they are throwing anthrax a bone(last time it was iced earth). It'll get thrax in front of people that normally wouldn't seek them out.

What I want to know is how a couple of the guys feel about opening for a former employee.

Check this out:

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=seu9nmaCrPA[/ame]

Last year anthrax and volbeat played Chicago on the same night. Thrax played HoB w/ a 1300 capacity while volbeat headlined the 4500 capacity Aragon.

I was at the Anthrax show, it was sold out. In fact, I'm pretty sure they oversold it. I've been at other shows there that were sold out and it didn't seem nearly as crowded.

Any idea how the Volbeat show did as far as ticket sales?

They became popular because they were endorsed ny so many popular bands members,similar to what happened with metal shop/steel panther,I'm not a fan but sounds like a successful combo

I am astounded that Volbeat have become so big so quickly! Why? How? They are certainly almost unheard of in the U.K.

They're a front cover band on Metal Hammer and Kerrang in the UK and are playing Brixton Academy which holds 5000. Hardly almost unheard of.