Volbeat and Anthrax Tour

Anybody get tickets yet? On sale today. I tried but TicketBastard is being a pain in the balls today.

They're a front cover band on Metal Hammer and Kerrang in the UK and are playing Brixton Academy which holds 5000. Hardly almost unheard of.

Kerrang and Metal Hammer??? It's been 10 years since these mags printed anything relevant! Kerrang is full of indie bands!

Maybe not unheard of then in the pop community

Yeah true. Anthrax is pretty much supporting all the Nu Metal, Alternative Metal and Modern Metal acts instead of headlining. I saw them support Rob Zombie in 2006.
To be fair, Rob Zombie has such a massive stage show that it's really difficult to peg him as anything but headliner material. And he draws good numbers - I've even seen him headline a couple major festivals.

Good for them for making it, but Volbeat really sold out when they got their first big radio hit in Europe. It was called, ahem, Radio Girl and they've been writing the same song since. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just haven't found their music enjoyable since that.

Not into Volbeat.

Seen Anthrax in 1988, 1991, 2012, 2013. All with Joey on vox. Was not a fan of Bush on vox.

Will I see this tour? No. Spokane, WA is close by.

I don't know why Anthrax uses the Pentagram. They aren't satanic. Do they even have satanic songs?

Cause it's not a Pentagram. It's a Pentathrax. Tongue in cheek. in the true Anthrax style of humour, that's all. If you take that at all seriously, you're way off the mark.

Volbeat sucks cock. Top 40 mainstream pussy shit. They should be touring with someone like Exodus or Overkill.

Just sickens me.

Whether you like them or not, Volbeat are pretty popular right now and this is a good tour for Anthrax. And they just toured with Exodus last year. They tried to tour with Overkill on the tour with Testament and Death Angel, but Overkill backed out. It's not like they won't play with those kind of bands again, but for now, the Volbeat tour will be a good thing for Anthrax.

I get how you feel though. I skipped the tour with Testament when they opened for a couple of bands that I didn't care for. No big deal. Sit this one out and wait for the next tour.

Whether you like them or not, Volbeat are pretty popular right now and this is a good tour for Anthrax. And they just toured with Exodus last year. They tried to tour with Overkill on the tour with Testament and Death Angel, but Overkill backed out. It's not like they won't play with those kind of bands again, but for now, the Volbeat tour will be a good thing for Anthrax.

I get how you feel though. I skipped the tour with Testament when they opened for a couple of bands that I didn't care for. No big deal. Sit this one out and wait for the next tour.

Is the date list final for this? If it comes close by I'd go for Anthrax & skip out after.