The Intersection

8/22 Denver CO
Marquis Theatre

8/24 Boise ID
Knitting Factory

8/27 Anaheim CA
House Of Blues

http://volbeat.dk/tour/

There's no information at their website but tickets for NYC went on sale this week.

Only two dates currently up at TM

8/13
Gramercy Theatre
New York, NY
07:00 PM

8/20
The Intersection
Grand Rapids, MI
07:00 PM

Songkick also lists the Bottom Lounge in Chicago for 8/21.

FUCKING SHIT!!!!! This really sucks as that Bottom Lounge show is the same night as the Scorpions at the Rosemont Theater, so unfortunately I'm going to have to pass. I so wish they add one more and go to the Rave in Milwaukee, but I know that is probably unlikely.

Whooeee, all over this! Count me in for NYC. Hope they book a show in Seattle. My son has just recently become a huge fan.

Edit: Searching on this I also found tickets on sale for 08/17/10, The Mod Club Theatre,
Toronto, ON

I'm curious to find out what kind of venues they'll be playing over here.

Back in Denmark they will be doing 4 shows (on in each of the four biggest Danish cities) in November, at venues that holds 8-10.000 people !!!! Crazy how big they've become over there.

I did hear however, that the "metal audience" in Denmark has started to get tired of them, and that their current fan base is made mostly out of youngsters who ride the wave of whatever is "hip".

Back in Denmark they will be doing 4 shows (on in each of the four biggest Danish cities) in November, at venues that holds 8-10.000 people !!!! Crazy how big they've become over there.

I did hear however, that the "metal audience" in Denmark has started to get tired of them, and that their current fan base is made mostly out of youngsters who ride the wave of whatever is "hip".

Gramercy has a 600 person capacity from what I found online. I saw Within Temptation there when they toured. It's a good sized starting venue as they're not big enough here but have potential to play larger places.

I so wish they add one more and go to the Rave in Milwaukee, but I know that is probably unlikely.

Hint: if a band is coming from Europe and one of the places they're playing is Grand Rapids, MI, it's surely going to be more than a 3-date tour!

In Chicago it's an MPShows show, sort of the "underground" promoter in the city, which is what I'd expect. Bottom Lounge has a good capacity (~600), but it's rarely anywhere close to filled (Orphaned Land, Tyr, and Finntroll are recent low-attendance metal shows there), and I'm guessing it's more often used for price/availability than capacity.

To me, it's more crazy that anyone thinks of them as a "ProgPower"-type band in the first place!

Neil

Hint: if a band is coming from Europe and one of the places they're playing is Grand Rapids, MI, it's surely going to be more than a 3-date tour!

In Chicago it's an MPShows show, sort of the "underground" promoter in the city, which is what I'd expect. Bottom Lounge has a good capacity (~600), but it's rarely anywhere close to filled (Orphaned Land, Tyr, and Finntroll are recent low-attendance metal shows there), and I'm guessing it's more often used for price/availability than capacity.

To me, it's more crazy that anyone thinks of them as a "ProgPower"-type band in the first place!

Neil

I figured it will be more than 3 dates, but the fact that they're playing Chicago doesn't bode well for Milwaukee in my opinion.

I would say they only fit progpower in that they fit some of the "Glenn picks" of the past and present. They aren't straight up either, but I would argue that a lot of the bands that play progpower if you like them, you'll like Volbeat.

Correction, their mobile site says the 20th, their main site says the 21st. Fri or Sat, I'll be there.

Ticketmaster is selling it for Saturday the 21st. I checked. Even if it got moved to the 20th I couldn't though as that's the American Carnage date. Damn. August and September are having some kickass shows...at least in Chicago.

Whooeee, all over this! Count me in for NYC. Hope they book a show in Seattle. My son has just recently become a huge fan.

Edit: Searching on this I also found tickets on sale for 08/17/10, The Mod Club Theatre,
Toronto, ON

I sure hope they'll reach the province of Quebec (Quebec City, or at least Montreal). I want to see them live!