Volbeat US Tour in August

As much as Volbeat is fun live, to me the hype is over. I saw them on tour twice, and this should do for a while. I'll be most likely skipping this.

I might travel for this. Got my eye on MI even though it's so close to ProgPower weekend. Maybe an NYC date will materialize

Gramercy is the NYC date.

Also. Dates are up on their website:

8/13 New York
Gramercy Theatre

8/14 Philadelphia PA
Theatre Of Living Arts

8/17 Toronto ONT
Mod Club

8/18 Flint MI
Machine Shop

8/19 Chicago IL
Bottom Lounge

8/20 Grand Rapids MI
The Intersection

8/22 Denver CO
Marquis Theatre

8/24 Boise ID
Knitting Factory

8/27 Anaheim CA
House Of Blues

http://volbeat.dk/tour/

Boise freaking Idaho??? Are you kidding me???

They have 9 shows in 2 weeks. 5 of the shows are in markets (Toronto, Grand Rapids, NYC, Boise & Anaheim) where they opened for Metallica last fall. They already have exposure to a large crowd in those markets, more than the Nightwish North American tour they opened for. Whether it translates into ticket sales, who knows.

As much as Volbeat is fun live, to me the hype is over. I saw them on tour twice, and this should do for a while. I'll be most likely skipping this.
Well, I missed them before the NW show, since my crew wanted to stay at Smith's and watch the Kentucky Derby. Looking forward to catching them this time!

5 of the shows are in markets (Toronto, Grand Rapids, NYC, Boise & Anaheim)

Ah ha! Thank you so much for that explanation. I would have wracked my brain for days trying to explain the insanity of this routing otherwise! Flint-to-Chicago-to-Grand Rapids?!? I was thinking with Boise, maybe someone in the band is a serious nature lover, and they really want to see Yellowstone!

Neil

I think this is going to be a week of decision for me. There are a LOT of concerts I'm going to that week, between Ozzfest, American Carnage and Scorpions. I am glad it isn't competing anymore though with those dates, though.

8/13 New York
Gramercy Theatre

8/14 Philadelphia PA
Theatre Of Living Arts

8/15 Towson, MD
Recher Theatre

http://volbeat.dk/tour/
Ooooo! Weekend road trip? :D

I wouldn't mind seeing Volbeat headline multiple nights. They kicked ass when I saw them w/ Nightwish and that's the only chance I've had, but I'll gladly take 3 more if I can!
I'm curious to find out what kind of venues they'll be playing over here.

Back in Denmark they will be doing 4 shows (on in each of the four biggest Danish cities) in November, at venues that holds 8-10.000 people !!!! Crazy how big they've become over there.
The Recher Theatre in Towson, MD (which is basically Baltimore) holds about 750-1,000 people. It used to be a theater. I wonder if it's the same booking agent as Within Temptation's since they also played The Recher on their last tour.

I'm so there! Too bad Joey Sky will be hanging with Grandma and Grandpa that month. He'd love to see them again, and they aren't playing near them, at least not yet.

Ooooo! Weekend road trip? :D

I wouldn't mind seeing Volbeat headline multiple nights.

If you want to start it Friday in NYC, I've got plenty of room for company!

-Metal