VOLBEAT'S headlining (summer tour with ICED EARTH and HELLYEAH)

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Volbeat headlines, Iced Earth is even listed third...Is Hellyeah more popular than IE? In any ways, that's a cool package but I would have thought IE would headline over Volbeat...The show nearer me is Clifton Park, NY. I might try to go as it's on a Saturday...

Volbeat // Hellyeah // Iced Earth
Summer Tour

6/18 Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
6/19 Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore
6/21 Boston, MA @ House of Blues
6/23 Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights
6/26 Saint Paul, MN @ Myth
6/27 Winnipeg, MB @ Burton Cummings Theatre
6/29 Weyburn SK @ Crescent Point Place
6/30 Gibbons, AB @ Boonstock 2012
7/8 San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
7/10 Anaheim, CA @ The Grove
7/11 Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
7/12 Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
7/15 Colorado Springs, CO @ City Auditorium

Never really heard their stuff. is it heavier-than-thou Pantera-like with angry vox? Or somewhat melodic?

No idea. Not my thing. It plays in Peoria, though. (And it should, because two of the guys in Hellyeah are from there.)

I love Volbeat, and they're great live. But they're not a band I need 90 minutes of.

On another note, I'm really surprised Jon is has agreed to open this tour. Doesn't seem like him to be willing to go from headliner to opener.

On another note, I'm really surprised Jon is has agreed to open this tour. Doesn't seem like him to be willing to go from headliner to opener.

That surprises me too!

It makes sense if he's looking to gain exposure to Volbeat's ever-growing fanbase.

I agree, from a business standpoint, it's very wise for Jon to do this.

~Brian~

I love Volbeat, and they're great live. But they're not a band I need 90 minutes of.

Why would anyone who plays in a band for a living not want to take an opportunity to attract a large number of new fans?

ICED EARTH To Support VOLBEAT On North American Tour; HELLYEAH Round Out Bill

Hot Flashes
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 13:25:15 EST

ICED EARTH will support VOLBEAT on their upcoming North American tour, with additional support from HELLYEAH.

Iced Earth leader Jon Schaffer has posted the following:

"Hello brothers and sisters! It is my honor to share some great news with you: Iced Earth will be supporting VOLBEAT on a North American tour starting on June 18th, 2012. The bill is rounded off by HELLYEAH!

I’m completely stoked, Volbeat is one of my all-time favorite bands, and Michael and the boys are great people. There is a lot of mutual respect and admiration, and I think we are in for a hell of a good time! This will be a package that won’t soon be forgotten, I’m sure of that.

I want to thank Volbeat for the invitation, and I look forward to many years of laying down the metal as both bands continue to grow and reach new audiences around the world.

To me this reads as if IE is the direct support.