VOLBEAT'S headlining (summer tour with ICED EARTH and HELLYEAH)

On another note, I'm really surprised Jon is has agreed to open this tour. Doesn't seem like him to be willing to go from headliner to opener.

I don't see why not. Iced Earth aren't "Metallica big" yet so he has plenty of work ahead of him to claim the throne. hahaha. but yes, ego-wise i can see where you are coming from.

I don't see why not. Iced Earth aren't "Metallica big" yet so he has plenty of work ahead of him to claim the throne. hahaha. but yes, ego-wise i can see where you are coming from.

Judging by the number of folks that were at the Orlando show versus \/olbeat's turnout in the same town I'd open for them too. This is no insult, just a fact. This can do nothing but good things for all 3 bands.

On one of the IE dvds Jon states that it has been a curse that they are always the headlining band, because that doesnt help them win any new fans, so this is great for them.

no ATL date???? I just want to see Volbeat

They are playing the ampitheater in Alpharetta May 6, with a bunch of bands I know verry little about:

Project 9-6-1 Cinco Party, Five Finger Death Punch, Hellyeah, Volbeat, Art Of Dying, The Beatoffs

They are playing the ampitheater in Alpharetta May 6, with a bunch of bands I know verry little about:

Project 9-6-1 Cinco Party, Five Finger Death Punch, Hellyeah, Volbeat, Art Of Dying, The Beatoffs
Is that the same night as Lacuna Coil?

Why would anyone who plays in a band for a living not want to take an opportunity to attract a large number of new fans?
The answer to that question is in my original post... "Doesn't seem like him to be willing to go from headliner to opener."

I'm not questioning the logic. I actually think it makes complete sense. However, there are those who would see opening, after spending years as a headliner, as taking a step back and would refuse to do so on principal or just out of plain ego. Jon strikes me as such a guy, hence my "surprise".

Pretty crazy tour, but glad that Jon realizes he can always get some new fans in a slightly new market. This will hopefully help out the prog/power genre as a whole.... I mean imagine the hellyeah/volbeat fans hearing a PMS and gallops for the first time! \m/

Okay do i go to Dream Theater on July 5 in El Paso, with the high Ticketbastard prices, plus parking, or do I take a 6 and half hour car trip July 7th to Tempe Az for VOLBEAT? ROADTRIP, hey Patrick we need to meet up before the show.
Also I will be making the trip to Tempe for NIGHTWISH. I will be there Sat afternoon leaving Monday Morning.

Pretty crazy tour, but glad that Jon realizes he can always get some new fans in a slightly new market. This will hopefully help out the prog/power genre as a whole.... I mean imagine the hellyeah/volbeat fans hearing a PMS and gallops for the first time! m/

Well, you back handedly contradicted yourself, though I dont believe that was your intent.

Just my opinion, but I don't think they are going to go over very well, aside from their own fans who will be there. Their look is extremely dated and probably won't appeal to most who aren't there for them.

I think they would have done much better trying to get on Sabaton or the DragonForce tours, for example. Something that appeals to a younger fan base, but one who would still not look at the band and say, "Wow, who the heck are those old guys who still wear jean jackets"

To be fair dude, they're opening for Volbeat and Hellyeah, not Asking Alexandria and Skrillex. All of these bands are metal, and Volbeat and Hellyeah (especially, for obvious reasons) are cut from the "classic metal/rock) cloth", so I feel like the only people who will be bitching are the "true metal" nerds who hate anything that is either popular, on the radio, or "rock" oriented.