Vomit Enducing Material

Ecstatic Youth

...playing with fire
Well, I don't know if all of you agree with me on this one. But I just read in the Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles(BW & BK) newsletter that "IN FLAMES will support SLIPKNOT on their UK tour starting on November 2nd". :bah: I think that is such crap how such an amzaing and respectable band can go on tour with Slipknot. I hate Slipknot, and I love In Flames. This makes me sick to my stomach. I know it's good exposure just like Morbid Angel with Pantera and SLayer on the Extreme Steel Tour, but this just sucks! Well, I don't know your opinions on this, but I think it's a travesty. :mad:

They will get HEARD at least,,,,I went and jamed with some guys tonight,,and one of them had this cd he burnt and it is full of nu metal,,,there were like 7 differnt bands,,,,,they all sounded the same,,I cant say that I liked any of it.

I agree with ledmag. All this "nu-metal" sounds the same and has no depth. Well, In Flames will get some exposure and probably kick Slipknot's ass. But, to each his own. Maybe its my age (29) but I can't get into some of this nu-metal shit. To me they all sound similiar and could fit under the name " Disturbed Limp Papa Linkins Cold Knotted Korn Bizkit's". Does anyone else agree?:heh:
Timothy Leary, where are you now? THE WORLD NEEDS YOU!!!!

She screams from the alcove, I AM THE DOG!!!

ZANEX "THE DOG"

I think this is really good for In Flames. And subsequently, good for the genre in general.

Unfortunately, Slipknot's music reaches a lot of people that don't even know that In Flames exists. Slipknot is playing some fairly big arenas (I just checked their site) that In Flames could never sell out. This tour will help to get In Flames' music out to people who would have never heard them otherwise. And that can never be a bad thing.

Personally, I don't like Slipknot. However, perhaps we should give them some credit for deciding to take In Flames on tour with them.

GZ

General Zod, I meant no disrespect. I also believe it is great exposure for In Flames and for them to be heard by a wide audience and variety of people. As for Slipknot and other nu-metal bands, if someone can relate to them, more power to them. Like I said before, I think its my age. I remember when I was a teenager, my friends and I would party with a friends older sister and husband and their friends and they would preach about Blue Oyster Cult, Yes, and Rush, and we would be like "Check out Slayer, Death Angel, Savatage, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Queensryche, Maiden, and Priest." They couldn't relate to "our generation's" music but we would usually find common ground with Black Sabbath, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, and Rush.

She screams from the alcove, I AM THE DOG!!!

ZANEX "THE DOG":heh:

I'm not a huge slipknot fan, but in an interview on Metal-is.com, one of the dudes was talking about how they want to bring their fans to listen to black metal, which is what they listen to. Slipknot, surprisingly, hate nu-metal, even though they've been identified with it. I think that's why they got In Flames. That's points in their direction.

The first slipknot album (mate feed kill repeat... ) is an awesome CD, everyone go and DL 'Gently' off that album. They have a different singer and a LEAD guitarist! it's nuts

I hate the slipknot album that everone loves, the only half-bearable song on it was 'purity', and they had to remove it and release the cd without it because of the lyrics anyway.

In flames have gone downhill rapidly since Colony. Whoracle was a fucking awesome album, (one of the best in the gothenberg genre) and the jester race is killer. But colony sucks (IMOE!!!) and Clayman is shit except for the start of 'square nothing'. The whole 'verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, chorus' thing pisses me off, just like of soilwork's 'A predators portrait'.

SO i beleive that New In flames and New slipknot belong together. :)))

he he, i wonder how many hate-mail's i get for telling the truth on this shitty board?

EVERYONE CHECK OUT THE NEW 'OLD' BOARD:

http://www.voy.com/47387/

Everyone needs to open their minds... listen to:

-DEATH -
-QUO VADIS -
-MARTYR -
-OPETH -

I Give no props to all these other bands. We all know that Deathtrain is the greatest band on this Earth. They make Slipknot look like a bunch of pussies.