Vote for Opeth at soundsoftheundergroundtour.com

M3sh

New Metal Member
Sep 19, 2005
I know they're probably only gonna do short sets if they do the show, but help'em out. They're being beaten by GWAR, of all bands. They only have 1% of the votes thus far. So yeah, take 10 seconds and vote for Opeth.

That tour was garbage imo, to have a band that plays 10 minute songs get squished into a 30 minute time slot is embarrassing and disrespectful. Let Gwar take their spot. It'll give em 30 more minutes of spraying shit everywhere and fighting monsters from the abyss.

yea... GWAR deserves every vote they get...

but sounds of the underground was garbage...

waiting 10 hours for Opeth was not fun...

M3sh said:
I know they're probably only gonna do short sets if they do the show, but help'em out. They're being beaten by GWAR, of all bands. They only have 1% of the votes thus far. So yeah, take 10 seconds and vote for Opeth.
GWAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

And I wouldn't want to see Opeth on SOTU again. It sucked so bad. Not because it was Opeth, because they're amazing no matter what. But the show I went to was mainly hardcore kids so they didn't give Opeth the respect they deserve. Not to mention they only played 4 songs. So yeah, if they're doing anything in the summer it better be another headlining tour.

I agree that Gwar is a lot of fun to watch. I was so impressed with the theatrics, and just watching the flood of ppl coming out of the pit at the end covered in multicoloured shirts was pretty funny. I just dont think that SOTU is a good place for Peth. Too many hardcore kids and definately not long enough sets.

I was one of the lucky ones at SOTU. I showed up at about 3:00 on the opening day of the tour and saw Strapping Young Lad, GWAR, and Opeth back to back, and then went home. No sitting through crappy hardcore bands or anything.

Chances are Im still going to go this year (cause I wanna see GWAR and Cannibal Corpse), but I was really hoping to see Opeth. I've never seen the guys live before, and I missed my chance last year... instead, my friend, who did go, whips out his magazine (signed by all the guys) everytime he sees me... what an ass :lol:

But I could understand why Opeth wouldn't want to do this tour again, I mean, 30 minute sets? Thats shit!

Yeah, I would rather not have them back on the tour. Yes, they played well, yes it was really cool to meet them...but it was not their place. Thirty minutes is nothing for this band, as we all know.
I am perfectly happy with their current tour...which, by the way, stops by this weekend. Hell yes.

AFairJudgement0 said:
I agree that Gwar is a lot of fun to watch. I was so impressed with the theatrics, and just watching the flood of ppl coming out of the pit at the end covered in multicoloured shirts was pretty funny.

Gwar is simply an amazing live band. I have seen them three times based on that fact alone. Their music does nothing for me, but it fits them perfectly, and their live show is par none.

who knows Opeth might just end up on Ozzfest or Gigantour, although I dont see them doing Gigantour when Opeth's own Headlining shows got better attendance than some of the Gigantour stops.