Vote for your fave Saxon Albums

Cheers, Midnightrider!

That is a tough poll to deal with - Top 3!!!

But I know that Saxon are my favourite ever band and they have definately got an album in that top 3 for me! Apart from Queen II, I'm not sure what my other choices will be!
As for my fave track? Bloody hell - I ain't got a clue! There are so many, depending on what mood your in etc. I think, in order to be original, I'm going to have to go for a Saxon track. Which one? Well.... It could well be a track from the Saxon album I'm voting for...

nightwar said:
Cheers, Midnightrider!

That is a tough poll to deal with - Top 3!!!

But I know that Saxon are my favourite ever band and they have definately got an album in that top 3 for me! Apart from Queen II, I'm not sure what my other choices will be!
As for my fave track? Bloody hell - I ain't got a clue! There are so many, depending on what mood your in etc. I think, in order to be original, I'm going to have to go for a Saxon track. Which one? Well.... It could well be a track from the Saxon album I'm voting for...

I know i found it incredibly tough,there are so many good albums to choose from the last 30 years(yes i'm old)But i had to be brutal and went for:
1.Queensryche-Operation Mindcrime
2.AC/DC-Highway To Hell
3.Saxon-Wheels Of Steel
Fav track-Warrior Soul-The Losers
This list would change on a daily basis depending on mood,and how drunk i
am :headbang:

Paxoman said:
I went for -

1, Lionheart.
2, Number Of The Beast.
3, Wheels Of Steel.

Don't Fear The Reaper. (Not sure if they will call this a 'metal' song, but it is my favourite track of all time!).
Just wondering did anybody else actually vote,and what did you go for.If everybody who has viewed this thread voted for saxon in their top 3 they should feature quite high when the top 100 is published. :headbang:

Mr Paxo - 'Don't Fear The Reaper'!!

No worries, mate - that is one of my favourites, too! In fact, I've reminded family members that it is a 'must' to be played at my funeral!!

I'm quite a fan of BOC (Godzilla rocks!!) but 'Reaper' is a Metal classic, in my opinion!

Regarding the poll - let's hope Saxon have a mention somewhere. They deserve it! After all, apart from a few bands, what competition is there?

The version of "dont fear the reaper" by HIM was pretty cool i thought!

nightwar - Yeah 'Don't Fear The Reaper' is a superb song. In fact, it's definitely my favourite song of all time. I have never been a big fan of BOC, but I do like some of their songs. 'Godzilla' as you mentioned. And also 'Marshall Plan' and 'Joan Crawford' are excellant songs.

Valanx - I have not heard HIMs version of 'Reaper', and I'm not sure that I want to! There are some songs that you just don't cover, and that is one of them!

Phew,that was tough! But I've gone for -:

1) Powerage - AC/DC
2) The Wild,the Willing and the Innocent - UFO
3) Rocks - Aerosmith
Fave track - Beyond the realms of death - Priest.

Bert - all with you on 'Powerage' and 'Beyond The Realms of Death'!

Paxoman & Valanx - I keep on seeing this 'HIM' guy on people's shirts and stuff! I don't want to embarrass myself, but I have no idea what this is all about. Is it an artist or a band? The music must be kind of macabre, considering the T-Shirts and a cover of 'Reaper'. A little education for my old-fashioned brain would be nice if you've the time, Guys! Sorry to be so un-up to date!

I'm pleased to say I am no expert on HIM! But I believe it is a band, rather than one bloke. So surely they should be called THEM?!! They are a gothic type band. I've heard a couple of their songs and they haven't been that bad.

But covering 'Don't Fear The Reaper'? Shocking! As I said before, there are some songs that you don't cover. You don't cover classic songs like 'Don't Fear The Reaper' and 'Stairway To Heaven'. Unless you are the mighty Rolf Harris, and take a classic song and take it to a higher and greater level. Rolf Harris doing the Reaper? Bring it on! HIM doing it? Nah...................

Paxoman said:
....So surely they should be called THEM?!!

lmao!
While it pleases me to also affirm im no expert on the guy/band my girlfriend informs me HIM is short for "His Infernal Majesty" and they/he/him come from Finland also on the cd (Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666) my girfriend has, is a cover of "Wicked Game" by er.... You know the one anyway!!

As for the "Dont fear the reaper" cover (Im playing it now) i must say its a nice and faithfull enough version and i have no problem with it.

Intro melody played on piano with heavy guitars overlayed and the guy is singing duet (and partial harmony) with some woman who has a pretty nice voice, id say its worth a listen if your a fan of the original.

Having said all that as soon as this song ends im putting some Slayer on!!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Thanks, Guys!
I'm with you on the covers topic, Paxo - Rolf Harris is the Top Man! I've actually got his 'Covers' album somewhere in my CD collection!! Anyone else attempting a classic needs slapping!!

Valanx - 'Wicked Game' was by Chris Issak and is a bloody great song (featured on the film 'Wild At Heart'). It's amazing that you said HIM have covered it, as I've been thinking recently of how you could make a decent, dark rock song of this! Obviously this band beat me to it!!!

nightwar said:
Valanx - 'Wicked Game' was by Chris Issak and is a bloody great song (featured on the film 'Wild At Heart'). It's amazing that you said HIM have covered it, as I've been thinking recently of how you could make a decent, dark rock song of this! Obviously this band beat me to it!!!

Yeah it does make for a decent dark rock song, so much so that they/HiM recorded it on two separate releases...Thus unfortunately beating you to it Twice!!! lol They even made two completly different videos for each version! The first one having a really sexy gothic looking babe in it!

and the second some *girl* who just simply must of been a guy once!!! scary!!

Yeah Chris Issak! that was really bugging me!! i just could not remember his name lol