vst EQ's

reg3n

Señor Miembro
Feb 17, 2009
Argentina
reg3n.bandcamp.com
That's right, EQ's, i'd like to know which soft eq some of you guys use for your guitars, for drums, basses, etc, but mostly what you use for guitars, lately i'm hating so much my eq's i barely don't use'm anymore on my guitars and i know getting things right at the source is important but... it started sounding... raw =( ... any good advice? eq exciters allowed too!

Quite frankly I like keeping it simple with my EQ and tend to stick with the Sonitus:fx EQ that comes with Sonar Producer Edition. It's a great bread and butter parametric EQ. I also use the EQ in TeamDNR's MixControl plugin quite frequently as it is a low overhead channel strip plugin that I can add to each of my tracks if needed without hammering my system.

get to grips with knowing whatever eq comes with your Daw inside and out before you begin to consider another Eq.
Probably the same code with a different GUI anyway.

apQualizr does the trick for me... And its´s dirt cheap. The stock Cubase EQ has not enough bands for me, so I use this.
ReaEQ is very nice, too!

i tried cuabase's eq's and i dunno if it's just me but when it's turned on, and no bands modified at all, i hear a difference =/ like a thinner sound? or maybe noise? ... me don't like that. :mad: i've tried the apQualizr and it's very responsive :D

i tried cuabase's eq's and i dunno if it's just me but when it's turned on, and no bands modified at all, i hear a difference =/ like a thinner sound? or maybe noise? ... me don't like that. :mad: i've tried the apQualizr and it's very responsive :D

Try a null test. I'd be surprised as hell if they didn't null