What post processing do you do on your guitars?

curve eq here , with a capture of a particular gtr sound from a cd i like, then into L2 shaving about 3dB max off - just to sit in the mix

I have POD xt so I use Diamond Plate settings and tredplate cabinets, sometimes impulses, and then an eq low/hi pass 62/16000 some cut on 4000 I learned from joeymusicguy and it work very well on my sound and a cut a litle in 400 to fit in the mix hope it help cheers

very little, usually I bus all guitars and put an EQ on it, highpass around 80 Hz, lowpass around 13 kHz, sometimes a small wide scoop around 400 Hz and usually a small little notch around 3 kHz to get rid of some fizz if it's too much.

3 Khz is allways the frequency i tend to boost haha

Most hi and lo pass around 100 hz/10khz
And most of the time to make them a bit more exiciting, boost at 150 hz and 3 khz, and cut around 150/400!

urm no

there's a whole thread here somewhere about compressing guitars, some people do a bit, some really don't at all

the amount of gain in metal guitar sounds compresses them hugely anyway, so any more is for the purposes of tweaking and smoothing and helping them to sit easier in the mix

ahh.. fair point. sorry mate wasn't trying to say against your point lol it makes sense the way you describe it actually i was fiddling about with the difference in level movement using different gain settings and turns out u are right ;)