W.A.S.P.

Icarus

Shamone
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane Australia
Visit site
So anyone catch W.A.S.P.?

I saw them last night in brissy and was a little hesitant after horror stories from the Sydney show of unlit stages and lip syncing, but they kicked arse. Blackie sounded great (even if some people still insisted he was lip syncing). There was a backing track you could hear during the chorus's but to my ears and eyes he was singing.

Guitarist absolutely nailed Kulicks solos for all the crimson idol songs and the drummer (which I am told was Stet Howland who played on the album with Frankie) got all the fills in flawlesssly. All in all great show and so happy to see one of my fav albums ever played in its entirety. They closed with L.O.V.E Machine, Wild child, some song from the new album, I wanna be somebody and blind in texas.

All in all top stuff! The backing video Blackie made that played during The Crimson Idol set was cheesy as all fuck, but I was expecting that anyway haha.

:headbang:

i'm going, but on the 2nd night in melbourne.

i am HOPING they play the whole crimson idol album at that one, because it's really the only wasp stuff that i ever really got into... but cos it's night #2 there is some talk of letting the audience pick the set list, which will probably ruin it for me. Damn other people and their stupid opinions.

I'm hoping they DONT play all of The Crimson Idol on the 2nd Melbourne show coz that's the one I'm going to and I don't wanna hear it all. I wanna hear more from the first album..

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

A meet'n'greet will take place on April 16 at the Forum Theater in Melbourne. Come say hi to Blackie and the boys. Time: 5:30pm - 6:50pm. Patrons must have a valid ticket for the 2nd show to gain entry.

Also, for the first time ever, W.A.S.P. will allow their fans to choose the set list for their show, on April 16. Fans will be given a ballot with two options. Option A: vote to hear/see The Crimson Idol again, or Option B: choose 15 songs of your choice. Voting will commence at 5:30pm and conclude at 8:00pm sharp on the night of the show. Expect the unexpected!

Furthermore, there will be a signed ESP guitar by Blackie Lawless raffled on the night. One lucky patron will receive a gift of a lifetime. This is one of Blackie's personal guitars, that will be used during the performance that evening.

But wait.... that's not all, W.A.S.P. will also be giving away 10 digipack copies of the 'Dominator' album via a raffle. Your show ticket has never been this prized.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, IT MAY COME TRUE!

Blackie rules, you guys in Melb are completely nuts if you miss this show. I wish I could afford the trip, its a dream come true.

Oh and Trixxi, you won't be disappointed if they play the album entirely, the show is flawless and there is def. no lip sync! The movie was awesome too!

thats the song they play in the second set, Take Me Up (from Dominator) its wicked

Last edited by a moderator:
Im glad I saw the whole crimson idol gig. It was fucking awesome.
FUCK YEAH:kickass: I'm so fuckin' sore from all the headbanging. Fuck, you know you're (unfit and) getting old when your abs ache after a show but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat, it was phenomanal!:headbang::worship:rock:

Went to last night's Melbourne show (and feeling super hungover today)....

They opened with On Your Knees and churned through songs like Inside The Electric Circus, The Real Me, The Headless Children, Sleeping In The Fire, etc etc etc.

It was rockin!

Went to last night's Melbourne show (and feeling super hungover today)....

They opened with On Your Knees and churned through songs like Inside The Electric Circus, The Real Me, The Headless Children, Sleeping In The Fire, etc etc etc.

It was rockin!
Yeah, you see - you lucky bastard:heh::lol: Full set list please!

Blackie told me about this. It actually seems like a pretty cool thing to do, although I'd assume that the "15 songs of your choice" would most likely end up as the 15 songs they'd most likely play anyway, regardless of what got voted for.

I was thinking the same thing. No way would they at 8pm still not know what they were playing. What if a song they hadn't rehearsed made the top 15? What about lighting, tuning and dare I say it - backing tapes?! What if the 15 songs added up to a total of 40 minutes? etc etc.

Keen to see the setlist as without yet knowing what was played, I would be interested to see if Animal was played considering Blackie said this in a recent interview:

'"WASP has two types of fans. The Crimson Idol people, and the Fuck Like A Beast people … Blackie’s eyes all of a sudden turn all black ... and I definitely belong to the Crimson Idol people. I will never play “Fuck Like A Beast” live ever again, and to answer your question -– WASP is about a hell of a lot more than booze and Rock 'n roll"

'"WASP has two types of fans. The Crimson Idol people, and the Fuck Like A Beast people … Blackie’s eyes all of a sudden turn all black ... and I definitely belong to the Crimson Idol people. I will never play “Fuck Like A Beast” live ever again, and to answer your question -– WASP is about a hell of a lot more than booze and Rock 'n roll"

i like this.

not really being a genuine fan of the band (but having always digged on the crimson idol album) i new some of the well known songs and didn't know some of the other songs that they played last night. BUt i was really suprised at how many genuinely GOOD songs they had. I mean... yeah there's songs that are good for having a drink to and rocking out in the crowd... but also quite a few i hadn't heard before that made me sorta stop and say to myself "woah, this is a really good song! why didn't i know about this stuff?

i guess (apart from TCI) my impression was that they WERE more about the booze and rocknroll lifestyle. Until now :)

Wow. What a week! :)

So I ended up going to both melbourne shows (and fucking glad I did), as the first night was like a nice entree and the second night being a fucking awesome main meal (although there was a lack of juicy meat)!!

The meet and greet was pretty shit actually - we were harrassed by about 20 security guards about cameras and not being able to have certain things signed, they were being very anal. Got to the band and it was like sign it, pass it along as quick as you can, with the band giving me a quick hello and blackie obviously in a bad mood grunting at everyone. Couldn't even get a picture because apparently I was supposed to take one in the 1 second when they were signing my cd and then I wanted one after but it was too late..haha..cunts..

Everyone knows the setlist for the first show - so I'll see if I can remember the setlist for the second one - possibly not in order as I was drinking ;)

They opened with On Your Knees and medleyed in Inside the Electric Circus
Love Machine
Wild Child
Widowmaker
Sleeping in the Fire (when this came on I nearly cried! <33333)
The Real Me
The Headless Children
I wanna be somebody

- Elvis break :D -

Chainsaw Charlie
Some new song??
The Idol
Blind In Texas

Hmm I think I may have missed a few! anyone wanna clean the list up? :)

Stage show was pretty shit for both shows, especially the first with most of the show being in darkness (I'm thinking maybe they were miming the whole crimson idol album).

Where was the blood and chunks of meat thrown on me??