Wacken 2003

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Just curious - are any of you guys going over to Wacken this year? I'll be coming in from the USA, via London!!

I don't think I've seen such a strong power metal line up like they have this year...!

Originally posted by Symphony
Hey JK are you stopping off in London at all?

Yes sir! I'll be in London on Sun July 27th- Wed 30th (then off to Wacken), back in London on Sun Aug 3rd-Wed 6th.

By the way, your infamous play date of August 29th happens to be my birthday. That is a good omen!! :lol:

Originally posted by JayKeeley
Yes sir! I'll be in London on Sun July 27th- Wed 30th (then off to Wacken), back in London on Sun Aug 3rd-Wed 6th.

By the way, your infamous play date of August 29th happens to be my birthday. That is a good omen!! :lol:

If our schedules are looking good....maybe we could arrange a meet.

Originally posted by looseunit
thanks for the comments on the prog power forum

good one jay

we owe you a beer dude

:cool:

You noticed that huh? I tell you what - once Royal Carnage is up and running, I've already got time allocated with Symphony to get the whole band profile thing up and running.

We've got to try and get you guys out to the States! Or at least a gig in New York City.

Originally posted by Symphony
If our schedules are looking good....maybe we could arrange a meet.

Name the place my friend - and I'll have your room temperature beer waiting.

Indeed, why not invite the whole forum for a beer night out in London! First pint is on me! :D (And no pints of Jack Daniels allowed!). :lol:

Sorry if I'm going over old ground here but I gather the Wacken trip can be arranged for around or just over £100 per person. I get paid next week so I'm going to book it all up.

What you any of you recommend for the the best value arrangements ie. how to order the actual tickets, flight companies & times, car hire firms/coach, bus firms etc...? :confused: Thanks :)

I bought my ticket from metaltix (Link is at Wacken's website). The ticket with booking fee and posting is just under £40 this includes camping.

I booked my flights with Ryanair. I fly from stanstead to lubeck on the 31st landing at 8pm in the thursday and I fly back on the sunday evening about 6pm. With tax and stuff this totals at £62 return.

I don't know what car I'm hiring yet but they vary in price from £60 upwards.

Great News! Cradle Of Filth have dropped out of Wacken's line up to do Ozzfest! This makes me so happy and the replacement is In Flames.

I think true metal fans should have an option of a Diofest with a line up something like this:

Friday Night
DIO
HELLOWEEN
HAMMERFALL
DRAGONFORCE
DREAM EVIL
PRIMAL FEAR
VISION DIVINE
SHADOW KEEP
INTENSE

Sat Night
DIO