Wacken metal fest

I haven't tried that, i'll look into it though. I found a flight for around $800 but after talking with them for like 5 minutes they said 'Oh sorry my bad we don't have any flights for those dates or even within a week of that.' :erk: :erk:

Fenlenus said:
From the states unfortunately, cheapest i've found is just around $1k USD.

did you talk to a travel agent? they can usually find you something relatively cheap. that's not what i did for my trip though, i just booked waaaay in advance :) how early do they announce lineup and dates for wacken?

I haven't yet, but I just started planning this last week. They've been announcing bands since January though, possibly sooner. I didn't think to try and book flights etc then though. :erk:

Fenlenus said:
I haven't yet, but I just started planning this last week. They've been announcing bands since January though, possibly sooner. I didn't think to try and book flights etc then though. :erk:

ah yeah, that'd be a problem then :)

i'm hoping the lineup next year will be awesome, i'm already sort of planning for that one.... ya gotta stay ahead of the game dude hehe :D

I'd go for the sole reason of seeing Atheist but I still wouldn't be able to get over there due to finances. Seeing Emperor and Celtic Frost would be great as well, but they'll be touring the U.S. shortly if I remember correctly. Most of the other bands I could care less about, with the exceptions being Nocturnal Rites and Wintersun.

yeah i didnt want to spend anymore than 150 for the trip but wev got it for 110 so it realy is a bargain

Me me me...i'm going..Alyona is taking me...this is my second year, it was pretty amazing last year though..
Really looking forward to seeing Opeth, i've never had the pleasure of seeing them live before!!! CoB and Nevermore playing too...fuck yeah!!\m/

lost_within said:
Me me me...i'm going..Alyona is taking me...this is my second year, it was pretty amazing last year though..
Really looking forward to seeing Opeth, i've never had the pleasure of seeing them live before!!! CoB and Nevermore playing too...fuck yeah!!\m/
only 9 days till we fly out there!! i guess ill see you there at some point coz affinityband says we are meeting alyona

cuntface said:
with their hairy pits, god a long way for you to travel
?

I thought that was French?

Anyways, I would soooo go if I could afford both a trip into Germany and tickets. But neither are possible, so I guess I'll have to wait for a DVD. Hopefully.

Yeah I'd go too, if i had a spare 2 or 3 grand:( My mate's going to be in Germany when Wacken's on and I'd been lamenting the fact that I couldn't go so the bastard bought tickets just to spite me... he doesn't even listen to metal:(

Fuck yeah, we're going in a van from North England and it's gonna be carnage! Drive to Dover, ferry over, beer, food, drugs bought, drive to Wacken, watch the mighty Atheist/Emperor/Morbid Angel/Opeth/Nevermore etc.

Can't fucking wait!

We should have a board meet up and get some pictures or something.

:headbang: