WACKEN!!! Who's going?

ME and a few of my mates are hopin to...but unfortunately we're poor students, so its gonna be quite difficult. We'll give it a go though

I reckon i may head over this year.......every year i say i'll go to Dynamo or Wacken or whatever i see but never do! Just been looking at the Argon travel site for some info.

For you foreign fest vets out there, what is the best way to go?

I'm not missing it this year.... Christ, just look who's appearing so far, ICED EARTH/RUNNING WILD/PRIMAL FEAR/VADER/EIDOLON/RAGE, Etc........

Hopefully, KING DIAMOND/OVERKILL will be their, but it's doubtful...

BLOODSTOCK, Needs: TWISTED TOWER DIRE.... Small band, but with a big juicy sound...METAL...

Just add STOCK to BLOOD, stir + add METAL BANDS, which = A F***ING GREAT 2 DAYS OUT, cant wait mama...

Originally posted by Adz

BLOODSTOCK, Needs: TWISTED TOWER DIRE.... Small band, but with a big juicy sound...METAL...

last time i looked at their site it said they were playing wacken, but its not announced on the wacken site :confused:

they're playing a festival in hamburg the weekend before wacken with goddess of desire, so now we're having to fly to hamburg twice in 5 days just cuz we've pre-booked our wacken flights and hubbys desperate to see twisted and goddess on the same stage..men..huh ;)

So how is everyone getting to Wacken this year?

I'm trying to sort out flights at the moment but everything flying into Hamburg or Lubeck
or Hannover seems to be pretty expensive or doesn't match up with a flight back to Dublin. Last year
we ended up going to Dusseldorf and getting the train for 4 hours which was a bit dear!

Any suggestions (apart from walk/hitch-hike) would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Astarmain
So how is everyone getting to Wacken this year?

I'm trying to sort out flights at the moment but everything flying into Hamburg or Lubeck
or Hannover seems to be pretty expensive or doesn't match up with a flight back to Dublin.

we used opodo this year and are flying with air berlin for £37.50 return from stanstead. last year we flew to lubeck and although its not that far ryanair lost a lot of our mates luggage/tents and stuff and they're still waiting for some kinda compo so we decided to give air berlin a try

i'm not sure about flights back though cuz we always stay in hamburg a couple of days after the fest to get drunk some more

good luck :)

I'm with Ryanair, but I'll be travelling light and hopefully I'll be under the 10 kilos including my tent thus I should be able to keep my gear with me. Coming back I'll just wear all my purchased t shirts and sweat like pig so pity the poor twat who has to sit next to me :lol: