Wagner Sharp MKII out!!!

awesome! i love 80s shit:headbang:

BTW I added some EQ to the master track, and it came out a lot more face raping, obviously

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6765110

is that what you did to get that sound jhakwe?

pardon me, im learning this stuff as i go:lol:

I don't mind sharing details :) On the master bus I had TesslaSE for a little bit of saturation, Waves G-Master for compression and L2 for limiting. I didn't use any EQ on the master track or the guitars besides the HP/LP.

Check out Daunt's guides (especially the one on master bus processing), they're extremely well written and informative: http://www.faderwear.com/guides/

I don't mind sharing details :) On the master bus I had TesslaSE for a little bit of saturation, Waves G-Master for compression and L2 for limiting. I didn't use any EQ on the master track or the guitars besides the HP/LP.

Check out Daunt's guides (especially the one on master bus processing), they're extremely well written and informative: http://www.faderwear.com/guides/

Thanks for the link.

If its not too much trouble, what are your typical settings for mastering comp/limiting?

Im kindof clueless when I start on the master bus. How much decibel reduction on the master compressor is usually considered "too much"?

I'm still not sure how your guitar tone came out like it did...we probably had very similar settings on the same plugins. Yet yours is so much more out front sounding. sheesh

Thanks for the link.

If its not too much trouble, what are your typical settings for mastering comp/limiting?

Im kindof clueless when I start on the master bus. How much decibel reduction on the master compressor is usually considered "too much"?

The example settings on the Faderwear guides I linked are a good starting point. My settings vary from time to time, but I've noticed I always use a 4:1 ratio on the master comp.

Too much is when you start hearing unpleasant things in the mix, such as the oh-so-loved pumping effect :) I usually set the compressor to stay in the 2-4 db range of gain reduction, though I've heard from many talented guys that they try to go for 3-5, case depending.

I'm still not sure how your guitar tone came out like it did...we probably had very similar settings on the same plugins. Yet yours is so much more out front sounding. sheesh

Funny, I don't consider the test clip very in-your-face or defined :) If it's of any help, it was recorded with a mahogany body guitar (LTD EC-400) with an EMG-81 in the bridge to a Firepod. Dropped B tuning, 13-56 strings. See if the Tube Screamer plugin in front of Wagner helps, set the drive low and turn the tone knob up until you get a nice, tight chugga chugga out of your palm mutes :)

Thanks for the comparisons jhawke. The improvements are quite impressive! My own quick dabbling with some pre-recorded DI tracks didn't turn up anything fantastic, but I think that's more with the method those were recorded, rather than the quality of Wagner. I'll definitely be playing around with this bastard a bit in the near future.

Thanks for the responses guys, The guitars were quad tracked with these plugs inserted TSS - Wagner Sharp mkII - Boogex. I used Guitarhacks Center -10 IR. I will post another version that i re-amped using a triple recto, and a JSX :heh:

musickey <- settings, please :worship: :kickass: It sounds great :Smokin: Have you eq'ed these guitar tracks a lot? BTW great song :)

Fuck man appreciate it! There was no eq at all, just manipulating the plugs and i will post some screen shots of the settings. As for the rest of the mix i know is muddy as hell, thats why im here trying to figure out how to clean this shit up.

Here are those settings

l_fd57b51bcb4a106a603d02457c7ee423.jpg