walking from the courtyard?

SoNofBitcH

Aug 10, 2003
Birmingham, AL
ive always stayed at the hampton or residence but didnt get my reservation quick enough. but who all has walked from the courtyard to earthlink? im sure i'll walk there and get a cab back, but just wondering how long of a walk it is

oh well. the hampton had a long enough walk lol. anyway approximately how much would a cab be for all 3 nights there and back for such a short distance. strange, but ive never used one before

SoNofBitcH said:
well not all 3 nights but anyone know the cab rate for a mile?

For those short trips in Midtown, it's difficult to find anyone that will give you the meter rate; they'll probably charge you a flat rate.

Here's some numbers if you want to get an estimate:

Rapid Taxi 404-222-9888

Yellow Cab Company 404-521-0200

Atlanta Checker Cab 404-351-1111

SoNofBitcH said:
ive always stayed at the hampton or residence but didnt get my reservation quick enough. but who all has walked from the courtyard to earthlink? im sure i'll walk there and get a cab back, but just wondering how long of a walk it is

Hey - dunno if you know it but I got the news about the Hampton closing yesterday and the first call was to the Residence Inn, just to see what they had available. I was able to get a 1br with a sleeper sofa for a mere $209/night (grrr). I reserved it waiting to see what the Hampton has to offer in place of the room I had reserved. It may be available later if they give me something decent - but I may just eat the high cost in exchange for being close enuff to walk and i'll have a fridge and a kitchen so it may allow for some of the cost savings on eating out & drinking in bars.

Anyway - not sure what else they have available but i figured it was withing walking distance - which is a biggie for me coz i think getting a cab after the shows is going to be a lengthy process with so many people being dsiplaced.

Cheers
Jeff

manowarfan1 said:
Hey - dunno if you know it but I got the news about the Hampton closing yesterday and the first call was to the Residence Inn, just to see what they had available. I was able to get a 1br with a sleeper sofa for a mere $209/night (grrr). I reserved it waiting to see what the Hampton has to offer in place of the room I had reserved. It may be available later if they give me something decent - but I may just eat the high cost in exchange for being close enuff to walk and i'll have a fridge and a kitchen so it may allow for some of the cost savings on eating out & drinking in bars.

Anyway - not sure what else they have available but i figured it was withing walking distance - which is a biggie for me coz i think getting a cab after the shows is going to be a lengthy process with so many people being dsiplaced.

Cheers
Jeff
Other fans take a cab, Manowar walks!:lol:

manowarfan1 said:

It's really not worth paying that much more simply to reduce your walking time. The RI is about a 7 or 8 minute walk from the venue... the Hampton is about a 10 or 11 minute walk... and the Courtyard is about a 17 or 18 minute walk. Unless you're on crutches or something, it's not a bad walk.

Hell, I think the Sheraton is only $109/night for two beds, and that's about the same distance as the Hampton. The only difference is I don't think there's a fridge, but with the money you'll save, you can eat out 5 times a day. :lol:

I think I've read somewhere that the Super 8 is a 10min. walk as well and you pay much less for a room, so that means more money for drinking at the show.:kickass: :Smokin:

Not knowing the Midtown Atlanta area at all, is this a relatively safe area to walk around at night?

BROKENSPIRIT said:
I think I've read somewhere that the Super 8 is a 10min. walk as well and you pay much less for a room, so that means more money for drinking at the show.:kickass: :Smokin:

Thats where i have my room booked. :kickass:

I wouldn't do it alone, but that's just me. And, as is the case in most places, always make sure to watch your back and be aware of your surroundings.

Thorn23TX said:
Not knowing the Midtown Atlanta area at all, is this a relatively safe area to walk around at night?