Want to have an good laugh? (warning, making fun of in flames)

I honestly laughed at this.

Something else that's funny is I have more fingers than this forum has true In Flames fans. It really doesn't take a rocket sceintist to figure out that Anders really does have more heart inspiration being a emo kid than a gothenburg death metal kid. And I support em on that. And I truly wish more artists had the inspiration that you can feel from all the recent albums. I hope the band continues to do whatever inspires them the most.

In Flames really is that band that's fun to make fun of though, just because of how much their music truly has changed. But it doesn't change the fact they still are a great band, with as many great songs as ever. Its funny to watch messed up lyrics videos, and its funny to call Anders a emo kid, but really, its getting to a point where In Flames might wanna quit out of embarassment because so many people hate on them. And I personally would hate that, and even the fans that hate them now probably would hate it too, because they all secretly listen to 'Disconnected' when no ones watching.

Something else that's funny is I have more fingers than this forum has true In Flames fans. It really doesn't take a rocket sceintist to figure out that Anders really does have more heart inspiration being a emo kid than a gothenburg death metal kid. And I support em on that. And I truly wish more artists had the inspiration that you can feel from all the recent albums. I hope the band continues to do whatever inspires them the most.

In Flames really is that band that's fun to make fun of though, just because of how much their music truly has changed. But it doesn't change the fact they still are a great band, with as many great songs as ever. Its funny to watch messed up lyrics videos, and its funny to call Anders a emo kid, but really, its getting to a point where In Flames might wanna quit out of embarassment because so many people hate on them. And I personally would hate that, and even the fans that hate them now probably would hate it too, because they all secretly listen to 'Disconnected' when no ones watching.
OK buddy.

This is all very true except [insert rant about emotional lyrics not equating to emo, modern "emo" not being actual emo, link to Rites of Spring myspace]

To be fair, Anders doesn't help himself with the way he dresses sometimes... he can do whatever the fuck he wants, I don't care, and I doubt he does, but sometimes he just looks like an "emo"(modern usage of the word and associated look) bellend :D

FWIW I think the lyrics have been on a severe downturn ever since Clayman, but, they're still passable and there are some good lines here and there. In Flames definately get too much hate from 'tr00' fans, who are so steadfastly against the band that nothing In Flames ever release will stop them complaining.

I don't remember when dreadlocks became emo. If he grew his hair to 5 or 6 inches, dyed it black, and combed it very straight over his eyes, I'd agree with you but tbh he doesn't really look emo at all.

I know emo isn't the same thing as emotional. But i was just being cliche for the sake of being funny.

I honestly wish Anders would go ahead, put on a emo wig, don a emo outfit, and take a pic, and just make fun of himself and make it funny. Something like that really helps kill the jokes. (It works when you happen to do something really embarassing at school, or if theres rumors about you)

I don't remember when dreadlocks became emo. If he grew his hair to 5 or 6 inches, dyed it black, and combed it very straight over his eyes, I'd agree with you but tbh he doesn't really look emo at all.

I'm talking about the socks/shoes and some of the outfits he wears on stage, not his hair. His hair is what caused people to first yell "NU METAL SELLOUTZ!!1" at him.

If you think someone's socks are emo you should probably get a life instead of staring at his feet.

To be fair, Anders doesn't help himself with the way he dresses sometimes... he can do whatever the fuck he wants, I don't care, and I doubt he does, but sometimes he just looks like an "emo"(modern usage of the word and associated look) bellend :D
I'd say he looks more nu-metal than emo, but that's just a pointless discussion.

FWIW I think the lyrics have been on a severe downturn ever since Clayman, but, they're still passable and there are some good lines here and there. In Flames definately get too much hate from 'tr00' fans, who are so steadfastly against the band that nothing In Flames ever release will stop them complaining.
That's not necessarily true. For example, I love Reroute To Remain (in-fucking-credible album), and I love some select material from Come Clarity and A Sense Of Purpose, especially the bonus tracks. I just think that in overall terms of quality, In Flames have gone down the shitter worse than most other influential bands. If they release something to at least holds a candle to Reroute, I'll be the first to congratulate them.

tbh CC and ASOP slay R2R but that's a boring and pointless discussion. Anyhow, if you want to compare them to other influential bands, I put it to you that Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Sabbath, and Priest have all declined more and that Maiden's shit period (the 90s) was worse than IF's.

Maiden's shit period (the 90s) was worse than IF's.

It was good time, Npftd was ok but afterall the songs were invidually ok.
Fotd is a legend, not just the title track, but most of the other songs too, and even the worst songs are atleast decent (the apparation etc...)
TXF I haven't got yet, but judging just by Mote and Sotc it's pretty nice album.
VXI was abit different than other stuff, but it's still awesome imo.

And though you didn't say anything about it, I have to say that the newer albums are their best ones. (especially Dod)

ASOP or POP.

I don't get the idea.

No Prayer was crap and the Blaze albums just sucked. FotD has 2 or three decent songs other than the title track but mostly just blew chunks compared to their 80s output. BNW, DoD, and AMOLAD are all solid - excellent albums, but nowhere near as good as Iron Maiden or Peace of Mind - Somewhere In Time. Tunes like Blood Brothers, Paschendale, and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns are certainly as good as anything they've ever done, though.

tbh CC and ASOP slay R2R but that's a boring and pointless discussion. Anyhow, if you want to compare them to other influential bands, I put it to you that Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Sabbath, and Priest have all declined more and that Maiden's shit period (the 90s) was worse than IF's.
I agree with your thoughts about Maiden, but I'm surprised you think all those other bands have declined worse than In Flames. I suppose Metallica declined pretty badly, but IMO their shit albums (minus St Anger) are overall better than recent In Flames material.

Of course, we're all just debating opinions now, which always leads us into nowhere. Oh well, such is the In Flames forum.

And fucks, Load is REAL shit album, I can't even listen to that shit without falling asleep, St.anger is alright (Yes, I have it now) it's lyrics aren't perfect, but the music is fairly interesting and nice to listen to.

And fucks, Load is REAL shit album, I can't even listen to that shit without falling asleep, St.anger is alright (Yes, I have it now) it's lyrics aren't perfect, but the music is fairly interesting and nice to listen to.

There is a reason UM doesn't have a Metallica forum.

Silencio!

I agree with your thoughts about Maiden, but I'm surprised you think all those other bands have declined worse than In Flames. I suppose Metallica declined pretty badly, but IMO their shit albums (minus St Anger) are overall better than recent In Flames material.

Of course, we're all just debating opinions now, which always leads us into nowhere. Oh well, such is the In Flames forum.

I mean, the drop from something like Master of Puppets, which is arguably perfect, or And Justice For All, which is only a little bass presence away from a masterpiece, to shit like St. Anger, is larger than the drop from tJR to STYE. Besides which, IF are pulling out of the dive, whereas Metallica seem to just be bottoming out. Megadeth's drop from Peace Sells to Risk is also pretty fucking huge. Slayer also released an arguably perfect album, yet have produced some of the worst shit ever to be called thrash. Anthrax actually only had one or maybe two really good albums. As for Sabbath...the heights of the first four and H&H versus their last album?

If you think someone's socks are emo you should probably get a life instead of staring at his feet.

Calm down sunshine, it's all tongue in cheek, no matter how true. The rest of this thread thus far is same old same old... and a lot of strange opinions :D