War with Iran?

Patrick R.

Jul 16, 2006
So who really wants a war with Iran? Also, I would like to ask how America can have a war with Iran and win? We can’t just bomb an entire nation off the map, I’m not talking about legally, I’m talking about physically. We need ground troops for an occupation, bombing a nation would only unite them and make them stronger, the only thing you would achieve is knocking out some targets…but they will rebuild them. That goes with the government as well, you must police the new government or you will have another Islamic revolution in that nation.

But in any case, our troops are already in Iraq and we have had a troop surge but we still don’t know how effective that has been. My best bet is the monument American military forces pull out of Iraq, the new form of government will be destroyed and the Muslims will take it back over and we will be back at square one. What do you boys and girls think? The draft?

So who really wants a war with Iran? Also, I would like to ask how America can have a war with Iran and win? We can’t just bomb an entire nation off the map, I’m not talking about legally, I’m talking about physically. We need ground troops for an occupation, bombing a nation would only unite them and make them stronger, the only thing you would achieve is knocking out some targets…but they will rebuild them. That goes with the government as well, you must police the new government or you will have another Islamic revolution in that nation.

But in any case, our troops are already in Iraq and we have had a troop surge but we still don’t know how effective that has been. My best bet is the monument American military forces pull out of Iraq, the new form of government will be destroyed and the Muslims will take it back over and we will be back at square one. What do you boys and girls think? The draft?

Yes. Conscription based on inane stupidity. which makes you eligible for the first line of trenches, soldier!

Perhaps if we do Iran the way we were SUPPOSED to do Iraq, and the way we DID Serbia, then victory shall be ours!

And how was that?

"Bomb the shit outta them for 72 days and leave them without the basic necessities for civilisation over the next dozen years."

Then we'll see how powerful they become.

Let's see em build a nuke.

Let's see em "train terrorists" or become a "terror base."

Medievalised Afghanistan was.

And we fucked them up in like 8 seconds!

Our bombing of Serbia was a crime, you know. A blatant, pointless act of aggression that was only condemned by the Greeks. But you know, it eventually worked! To this day, hundreds of thousands are still unemployed because we bombed every workplace employing more than six people.

WE can do the same to Iran! It's okay. Its Iran. They've been invaded four times in the last century. Their brilliant civilisation's been trampled a hundred times in the last three thousand years by civilised armies and nomadic plunderers alike

One more time won't make a difference!

Let's. Let's. Let's.

Jurched

Bombing them back to the stone age will not unite them. It will dismember them. If occupation isn't the answer in Iraq and bombing isn't the answer in Iran. What is the answer?

Yes. Conscription based on inane stupidity. which makes you eligible for the first line of trenches, soldier!

Perhaps if we do Iran the way we were SUPPOSED to do Iraq, and the way we DID Serbia, then victory shall be ours!

And how was that?

"Bomb the shit outta them for 72 days and leave them without the basic necessities for civilisation over the next dozen years."

Then we'll see how powerful they become.

Let's see em build a nuke.

Let's see em "train terrorists" or become a "terror base."

Medievalised Afghanistan was.

And we fucked them up in like 8 seconds!

Our bombing of Serbia was a crime, you know. A blatant, pointless act of aggression that was only condemned by the Greeks. But you know, it eventually worked! To this day, hundreds of thousands are still unemployed because we bombed every workplace employing more than six people.

WE can do the same to Iran! It's okay. Its Iran. They've been invaded four times in the last century. Their brilliant civilisation's been trampled a hundred times in the last three thousand years by civilised armies and nomadic plunderers alike

One more time won't make a difference!

Let's. Let's. Let's.

Jurched

Ok, you just don’t understand, who is going to police the new government? How will this drain the country of the enemies of the neo-conservatives (of course Iran is no threat to Americans, they are only a threat to neo-conservative ambitions in the Middle East).

A nation can most certainly rebuild after a devastating attack, as you point out Iran has been invaded numerous times over the centuries and they are still here, of course with different political powers. This is my point, you have to police the new government and make sure it is stable enough to fight terrorist (if you actually think they are a threat that is).

Of course this is not a serious response, is there anybody who can actually give me a detailed plan for success in Iran, if there is even any way you can ‘succeed’ with a broken down military, international hatred for America and virtually no support from Americans.

By the way Jurched, “Talking even indirectly about the war option is risky because there is virtually no public support for an attack on Iran, said University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato.” So how on earth can the federal government beat a nation with hardly any public support? Conditions are ripe for a mutiny, just like all the other terrible leaders of the past.

http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/newscontent.php3?artid=14460

How about this, we use our resources to rebuild Americas military, secure our borders with effective management of the border patrol, fuel our economy and improve the living conditions of Americans. What is war going to do?

Bombing them back to the stone age will not unite them. It will dismember them. If occupation isn't the answer in Iraq and bombing isn't the answer in Iran. What is the answer?

Occupation would have worked in Iraq with much better leadership and a stronger military. I’m talking about millions of soldiers in Iraq, that is the only way you can police an entire nation. Then of course you would have to get them to conform to America’s way of life, something that isn’t going to happen with Muslims.

Also you could change the demographics and character of Iraq by encouraging Americans to emigrate there by the millions and then slowly push the Iraq’s aside, that would be peaceful and a lot harder for the world to see. Of course you would hear the far left talk about ‘neo-colonialism’. Of course, I wouldn't want to do any of this, I would rather see America return to it's traditional way of life and stay out of global conflicts.

I don't expect we will go to war with Iran........Maybe if 19 Saudis attacked us that where trained in Afghanistan you could build a case for it.....but that seems like a long shot......

Occupation would have worked in Iraq with much better leadership and a stronger military. I’m talking about millions of soldiers in Iraq, that is the only way you can police an entire nation. Then of course you would have to get them to conform to America’s way of life, something that isn’t going to happen with Muslims.

Also you could change the demographics and character of Iraq by encouraging Americans to emigrate there by the millions and then slowly push the Iraq’s aside, that would be peaceful and a lot harder for the world to see. Of course you would hear the far left talk about ‘neo-colonialism’. Of course, I wouldn't want to do any of this, I would rather see America return to it's traditional way of life and stay out of global conflicts.

We don't need more people in Iraq. We need to be able to not pussyfoot around. The whole "waiting to be engaged" thing is the biggest bunch of shit. I vote for WW2 style fighting, aka disregard for anyone not us.

And if we attacked Iran (big mistake right now) I am sure it would be all cruise missiles. You could easily wipe out their infrastructure and military within a week. Then really who cares? It seems the idea would be to just devastate the country and leave it smoldering.