WARRANT Guitarist Challenges SCOTT IAN To A Duel...Sort Of

KY_Fried442 said:
I don't THINK Anthrax have had a platinum album but I know they've had several gold. "Speak English or Die" went platinum (it took like 15 years but it still counts!) so Scott & Charlie do have one under their belt.

Actually, I know the trax boys have at least one platinum album, and I think it's the "I'm the Man" EP. Of all the damm albums, but yes I think that may be their one Platinum. But the good news is pretty much every other album they've released is at least gold, which is weird cause I always thought that "Among the Living" was Platinum but I don't think it is. This is certainly a question for MR. WU.

AugDawg

Ok, I know this is going to get me in trouble (especially since I've already admitted to liking Warrant in the 80s) BUT just becuase someone does play a different kind of rock doesn't mean that that is all they know. I'm not saying that what he said was smart because I think he's just going to get himself laughed at. It really is silly to make a "challenge" like that because I'm sure Scott could kick his ass. But don't forget that the dude from White Lion is now in Megadeth which I never thought would happen. So I suppose anything is possible.

eighteeschick said:
Ok, I know this is going to get me in trouble (especially since I've already admitted to liking Warrant in the 80s) BUT just becuase someone does play a different kind of rock doesn't mean that that is all they know. I'm not saying that what he said was smart because I think he's just going to get himself laughed at. It really is silly to make a "challenge" like that because I'm sure Scott could kick his ass. But don't forget that the dude from White Lion is now in Megadeth which I never thought would happen. So I suppose anything is possible.

To go along with that, remember that Charlie isn't actually Anthrax's original drummer, the dude that ended up as White Lion's drummer was the original Anthrax drummer! What a weird world we live in!

AugDawg

whitey131 said:
Me to, I think it was like 6th grade for me. Anyway, now when I hear that song I get an erretions. Viva Pavlos Dog.
Winger - Can't Get Enough ...that chick was S M O K I N '!!!:yow:

eighteeschick said:

True, my bands lead guitar player teaches classical guitar for a living.

Man, the Guys in Warrent are probably only in their early '40s but JEZUS..... they all look like senior citizens.

DumbAss said:
Man, the Guys in Warrent are probably only in their early '40s but JEZUS..... they all look like senior citizens.
You ain't kidding! D A M N !

According to the RIAA Website...

'Among The Living', 'State Of Euphoria', 'P.O.T.', 'Attack Of The Killer B's', and 'White Noise' have been certified gold. So is the 'N.F.V.' home video.

'I'm The Man' is platinum.

'Speak English Or Die' is not listed on the site. I think the deal with that was that it has sold a million worldwide. That's probably based on copies the label has shipped. That doesn't get you an RIAA platinum award. Still, the "Platinum Edition" is a cool re-issue.

Scott says things like that about bands like Warrant because from 1985 on many bands pussed out and sold out and forgot what metal was. In 1984 metal out sold everything, so come 1985 record companies pushed shit bands and even established hard rock\metal bands like Dokken, Twisted Sister, Judas Priest and to some extent Maiden released watered down crap. The Hair thing couldv'e been worse but could have been a lot better. Take Poison - their first album was straight up glam and not that bad but what the fuck was unskinny bop.

That's whay when I didn't listened to thrash or punk - I listened to hard rock and street glam bands like Tesla, Greatwhite, GnR, KIX and Faster Pussycat because they were more straight forward with their music even with the ballads. And I hated the Led Clones the most - Can you say Kingdom Come? :lol:

I can say this because I'm old.

DarbysDad said:
Scott says things like that about bands like Warrant because from 1985 on many bands pussed out and sold out and forgot what metal was. In 1984 metal out sold everything, so come 1985 record companies pushed shit bands and even established hard rock\metal bands like Dokken, Twisted Sister, Judas Priest and to some extent Maiden released watered down crap. The Hair thing couldv'e been worse but could have been a lot better. Take Poison - their first album was straight up glam and not that bad but what the fuck was unskinny bop.

That's whay when I didn't listened to thrash or punk - I listened to hard rock and street glam bands like Tesla, Greatwhite, GnR, KIX and Faster Pussycat because they were more straight forward with their music even with the ballads. And I hated the Led Clones the most - Can you say Kingdom Come? :lol:

I can say this because I'm old.

What, no Cinderella, L.A. Guns, or Whitesnake???:erk: :kickass:

6 Gold 1 Platinum and a 25 year career. I'm so bitter. That song is gay, sorry. A guitar duel? That's the funniest thing I've heard since Tuesday. I'll hire Michael Angelo to duel for me. He's the fastest pick in the west. What's funny is I like when Metal Skool does Warrant.

I'd rather watch Scott Ian take a shit in the woods and whipe his ass with a passing bunny rabbit, than listen to 3 seconds of ANYTHING Warrant has to offer.
.. reunion still sucks ass though.

Black Thirteen said:
6 Gold 1 Platinum and a 25 year career. I'm so bitter. That song is gay, sorry. A guitar duel? That's the funniest thing I've heard since Tuesday. I'll hire Michael Angelo to duel for me. He's the fastest pick in the west. What's funny is I like when Metal Skool does Warrant.

Michael Angelo is one bad ass guitarist, I remember seeing his band Holland several times at The Thirsty Whale here in Chicago many years ago, and even though the singer sang like a chick, his guitar work in Nitro was also fucking amazing.

Black Thirteen said:

I knew it had to higher than that. Apparently that guitarist for Warrant didn't check the details before opening his mouth.

Black Thirteen said:
6 Gold 1 Platinum and a 25 year career.
Was the 1 platinum "I'm The Man" or "Sound Of White Noise"? Not that it matters to me, all the albums frakkin' rawk!:headbang: Just curious.