warrel in live perfomance

fat bastard

Nov 19, 2004
i just wanted to know if he can pull it off live. when i saw them on the gigantour last year it actually sounded as if he butchered a few songs and i dont think he did that great. the show was pretty loud and the mix was kinda bad so maybe he just couldn't hear himself properly or was just having a difficult night. warrel is easily one of my favourite vocalists but i have heard other people on UM comment unfavourably on his live performances so i'm really in need of someone to restore my faith:headbang: don't visit this part of the forum to often so i was pretty pumped to hear about the solo project:kickass:

ive seen them like 6 times live and he only sounded poor one time. i think he had a cold. jeff told me after the show he hadnt been feeling well, if i remember right. but almost always he kicks ass!

Devy_Metal said:
ive seen them like 6 times live and he only sounded poor one time. i think he had a cold. jeff told me after the show he hadnt been feeling well, if i remember right. but almost always he kicks ass!

when i saw him it almost seemed like he was really pushing himself to put on a good showing and too much push/tension is hard on the voice. the chorus for born is where he really lost it for me but showmanship wise i thought he did well. loomis however proved why he's got the reputation that he has:worship: :worship: i suppose that warrel wasn't so bad on all the songs but the sound was so bad that i couldn t tell for sure. i really hope they come back for a show and just to make it completely awesome they should do it with SYL.

fat bastard said:
i just wanted to know if he can pull it off live. when i saw them on the gigantour last year it actually sounded as if he butchered a few songs and i dont think he did that great. the show was pretty loud and the mix was kinda bad so maybe he just couldn't hear himself properly or was just having a difficult night. warrel is easily one of my favourite vocalists but i have heard other people on UM comment unfavourably on his live performances so i'm really in need of someone to restore my faith:headbang: don't visit this part of the forum to often so i was pretty pumped to hear about the solo project:kickass:

well his voice is soooo awesome ... now ... when he`s not drinking anymore (and i saw him due bad times ...long time ago) ... when we were in budapest last year in october ... and he sang lotus eater and 7 tongues of god ... i began to cry like a baby ... cause it was soooo overwhelming *faints*

VickyH said:
well his voice is soooo awesome ... now ... when he`s not drinking anymore (and i saw him due bad times ...long time ago) ... when we were in budapest last year in october ... and he sang lotus eater and 7 tongues of god ... i began to cry like a baby ... cause it was soooo overwhelming *faints*

fuck, those would be awesome tunes to hear....they ever do "i am the dog"?

Zivilyn said:
Well of course, if you ask that question in the forum of the band he's in, everyone's gonna say he's amazing.

:lol: that and the fact that the guy can REALLY fucking sing.

A vocalists instrument is a living thing. It cannot be restrung or retuned, and it repairs itself slowly and over time. If the monitors aren't loud enough and a singer sings too loudly as a result, they can blow out their voice part way through. If they're sick, or they've just been going too hard for too many days in a row, they can be unpredictable (and this may only be evident on their more challenging songs). Despite all this, WD is a pro. He knows, I'm sure, every trick there is, and he's still a top-notch frontman. He's well worth going to see, along with the rest of the guys, of course, at any time.

Nightshade said:
A vocalists instrument is a living thing. It cannot be restrung or retuned, and it repairs itself slowly and over time. If the monitors aren't loud enough and a singer sings too loudly as a result, they can blow out their voice part way through. If they're sick, or they've just been going too hard for too many days in a row, they can be unpredictable (and this may only be evident on their more challenging songs). Despite all this, WD is a pro. He knows, I'm sure, every trick there is, and he's still a top-notch frontman. He's well worth going to see, along with the rest of the guys, of course, at any time.

i believe it. i doubt loomis ever hits a bum note. that guys like a fuckin machine.:worship:

Nightshade said:

...chicken soup

DreamNeonBlack said:
I've seen Nevermore/Sanctuary more times than I can count.

I've seen them sound amazing and sometimes sound ok, everyone has bad days.

I'm right there with you DNB. I have seen both numerous times and WD has wailed everytime except one, and he was sick. But he gave it all he could and rocked.