Warwick Vampyre Dark Lord F#

Satanstoenail

My Larpstyle determines my Derpstyle
Sep 6, 2006
Arse End
I just read about this bass the other day, designed specifically for metal, just wondering if anyone has one or has played one. I think the body is quite ugly but I'm intrigued by the tuning - F#, B, E, A. And apparently you can tune it down to LOW E, A, D, G, a whole octave below a standard 4 string. Crazy shit.

p43901g-10425e051bfd90ad2414082abdc1ea7e.jpg

p43901h-094892fc254506c6bfd0bd56a0a0eeee.jpg
p43901m-277eb0c848fa6cb0f8f01ed32f521d42.jpg
p43901r-5c71bb5520ea3d49f0e848ed4fa3feca.jpg

Write up:

From the depths of the underworld comes a new bass that will surely shake you to your core. The Vampyre BO "Dark Lord" is a 35 in., extra-long scale bass that is tuned, from low to high, F#, B, E and A! That .175 gauge low F# is bone-shatteringly heavy and is quickly becoming the weapon of choice for bass players who want to explore the subterranean frequencies.

But there is more to this bass than just an extended lower range. The French Ash top and Ovangkol back are lightly sandblasted to enhance the grain and give the bass a unique appearance.

To be able to reproduce that low F#, Warwick chose the active MEC TJ and J pickups, along with an active MEC 3-band preamp. The design team took great care to position the pickups where they will best capture the tones from this great beast. The result is a thunderous bass that is like no other you have encountered before.

The Dark Lord is coming. Can you feel it?

Technical Info

Scale: 35 in.

Strings: Warwick Black Label M Strings

Fingerboard: Wenge

Fingerboard Radius: 500 mm

String Spacing: 19 mm

I'm not a bass player but I've goofed around on a 5 string that was tuned down to A and when you get that low it's hard to even tell the difference in the actual note you're playing. Going further down to E would just be more murky.

My mate has a 5 string that he had to A and when we made some grindy shizzle like Nasum etc you could hear the difference in notes on his... until we distorted the bass. Distorted bass has to be the greatest thing ever.