Wasn't Dan Swano......

you're from PG?!?!? cool :D I know tons of guys from there. Anyway yeah he was in EoS a while back, he quit because he wanted to do other things, they didn't boot him heheh... imagine Dan Swano getting booted from a band hahaha ohhh my sides hurt... where's my inhaler, my asthma is flaring up from laughing hahah owwww...

The last album he was on is "Infernal". The year after that (in 1998) EoS released "Cryptic", it´s their last album so far, but there are rumors that a new one will come out soon. A lot of people don´t like "Cryptic" because Dan didn´t write a single song on it. I think it´s a good album, not one of their best, but there are at least two killer songs on it.

You should listen to the last track of "Infernal" - it´s called "The Last Song" and it is the song where Dan says good-bye to the band :)

P.S.: During the time EoS were working on Cryptic, Dan was working on his solo album "Moontower". It´s very close to EoS, but more middle-paced and progressive than EoS. He recorded every instrument by himself. You should really buy that album if you like EoS, it´s one of those album you´ll still be listening to in 5 years or so.

Originally posted by Nico16
You should listen to the last track of "Infernal" - it´s called "The Last Song" and it is the song where Dan says good-bye to the band :)

Actually, The Last Song isn't a good-bye to the band. A direct quote from Dan's pages:

A lot of people have asked me if "The Last Song" was written with my departure in mind, the answer is no, and I actually started to write new material for the upcoming CD as soon as I got home from the studio. It was then I realised that I had to leave the band and do my thing, alone.

Huh huh, Dan Swanö kicked out of a band.... Yeah right.. The other members must be retarded or something if that was the case... :lol:

Some of you might have noticed that I haven`t been posting lately in this forum. The reason for that is very easy, my PC melted some weeks ago. I`ve also been moving to another flat, and it`s been keeping me all to busy..

So I`m finally back with new Pc and a new flat now! ( hope you guys are glad to see me ) I also got my homestudio rearranged, so that I finally can participate in the contest - if it`s not to late.
If not, I will start to work on it next weekend.

It`s time for me to download the latest contributions to the contest now, so that I can give all of you musicians my reviews.

Glad to be back!

Greetings from
nightfall

ok thanx for the info!

i'm getting in the mail soon:

Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow
Hypocrisy - The Fourth Dimension
The Crown - Eternal Death
My Dying Bride - Like Gods of the Sun
Borknagar - Quintessence

i have some songs from the moontower album he is using some weird sounds on it right? i didn't really like that but i love what i have heard of EoS. so whats the discography of EoS? they have PA,Crimson,Infernal,Cryptic and what else?