Wastefall..

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
I've heard some of the clips, but I'm not sure what they are classified as. Sometimes I hear a little bit of technical metal, but I have no idea if that exists in a lot of their songs or not. Also I haven't found a place to purchase their albums, and their Web site is very unhelpful. Any help?

Harvester said:
Soulrain 21 (the album that secured their spot this year) is available at www.lasercd.com

Glenn H.

Thanks =) I think...

I go to that site and never just get one album. So got that, Symphony X divine wings of tragedy, Avantasia (first one), and the latest Elvenking album. Sigh. <hits self repeatedly that he just put a bid on a house and can't spend his money on CD's making up for the periods in life when he didn't know metal like this existed>

I think Glenn, hit a homerun with this selection. Granted not a lot is known about them by allot of the forum members, but as one who has seen them in person(In Greece) along with FRAGILE VASTNESS, people you are in for a treat, in the same vein as Orphaned Land and Therion last year. So be ready.

Pyramaze51 said:
I think Glenn, hit a homerun with this selection. Granted not a lot is known about them by allot of the forum members, but as one who has seen them in person(In Greece) along with FRAGILE VASTNESS, people you are in for a treat, in the same vein as Orphaned Land and Therion last year. So be ready.

Yeah.They opened a festival here in Greece. A freind of mine claims to know one of their members.Very nice !

You can order their debut album (as well as SoulRain 21) from their (at least used to be...maybe still is?) record label, Sleaszyrider.com .

Krisjibs said:
You can order their debut album (as well as SoulRain 21) from their (at least used to be...maybe still is?) record label, Sleaszyrider.com .

This is where I got mine back when Glenn announced 'em, after hearing their clips and enjoying them. I had no problem with the vendor. Just didn't like the process. Email them telling them what you want. Wait for reply. Pay by Paypal. (Could've been other methods, but that worked best for me.) Wait for another email for receipt of funds. Then it's the waiting for the shipment, which took from 1 to 2 weeks. And the shipping charges for both cds were the price of a 3rd cd. Damn The End for not carrying Wastefall so I coulda got a 3rd cd and paid no shipping.:mad:

All in all, I would purchase from them again as a last resort if nobody else had something I was looking for just for the reasons of shipping charges and wait time. No bad experience though.

Danny

You could have ordered them from either The laser's Edge or from NIGHTMARE RECORDS, These were the only two places i found them, and i had to order one from NIGHTMARE and one from Laser's Edge as neither carried both at the time.

All I know is that I have listened to both the downloaded songs mutliple times in my car and I am NUTS about those two tunes........

Nice one Glenn - I am loving it.

Without trying to piss off anyone, these guys to me are like Pain of Salvation.... without all the stuff that turns off non-absolute-diehard POS fans.....

I GOTTA get Soulrain 21.....

After FK, Wastefall is the band that's bringing me to ProgPower this year. Thanks Glenn! I really think that very few bands have this much potential as Wastefall. It helps, of course, that Pain of Salvation is my favorite band. (hey....maybe next year he can get Dark Suns!) And yes Soulrain 21 is a fricken incredible album...so much feeling yet so cool musically.

CHEIRON Hope you like that Elvenking album; I love it myself. Probably as much as the first album, but maybe not quite as much as Wyrd.

Count me in on Wastefall as well. I forget where I got the CDs, but it was almost certainly Laser's Edge -- I think I got both from the same place, so I got lucky. I fully expect them to surprise the audience, if people will give them that chance.

Heck, Wastefall are one of the four bands in this year's lineup that were in my "hey Glenn, I'll sponsor any of these guys" list. :headbang: :kickass:

Kenneth R. said:
best way to describe Soulrain 21 is "pain of salvation + other elements, and in a fresh way"

Or better yet, Pain of Salvation - with hair on their nuts........
Funny how I detest PoS, but enjoy the Wastefall samples I've heard so far....

J-Dubya

I started listening to the Wastefall songs posted on the PP site a few weeks ago, and I am totally IN LOVE with the song "Empty Haven" :headbang: I bought the Soulrain 21 cd and am currently in the process of checking the other songs out, but now I am really looking forward to seeing them at the show!

Pyramaze51 said:

I had a fantastic interview with Alex, their guitarist, the other day. I understand them very well now. After I post my interview on the Notes site, I think everyone else will, too.

And, yes, I think Glenn's choice was a great one. This is going to be a band to watch in the future.

Bill