watain tour, october

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
earsplit said:
The Werewolves of Satan return! After the infamous US tour with Angelcorpse and Nachtmystium in 2007, Sweden's Black Metal tyrants Watain once again set their dreaded course towards American shores, this time descending not only upon the East but also the South and West coasts.

After the release of the monumentally acclaimed Sworn to the Dark in 2007, Watain have been out on the Fuck the World tour, reaching through Europe, North and South America, leaving a trail of blood, fire and tears behind. A tour which have given them the reputation of being an untamed whirlwind of blood and fire on stage, embodying every aspect of true, dangerous Metal. The Black Metal Magic tour in October (alongside Withered and Book of Black Earth) will constitute the last dates of this monstrous crusade, spearheaded by one of the few bands within the Black Metal genre that still evokes true fear, hysteria, forbidden lust and raging chaos...

WARNING: The performances of Watain are widely known to bring forth and include things that may not be appreciated by the average concert visitor. Unholy, disturbing things that have left scars on many a soul, but that have also enlightened and brought great pleasure to those whose hearts burn with the black fires of forbidden hunger. Watain is Black Metal Magic performed in the old and dreaded tradition. You have been warned.

Watain Black Metal Magic tour 2008
w/Withered, Book of Black Earth
presented by AJNA, Metal Maniacs & BeyondTheDarkHorizon.com

10/03/2008 The Opera House - Toronto, ON
10/04/2008 Katacombes - Montreal, QC
10/07/2008 The Middle East - Boston, MA
10/08/2008 Knitting Factory - New York, NY
10/09/2008 31st St Pub - Pittsburgh, PA
10/10/2008 Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
10/11/2008 Reggie's Rock Club - Chicago, IL
10/12/2008 Vaudeville Mews - Des Moines, IA
10/13/2008 Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom - Denver, CO
10/14/2008 Urban Lounge - Salt Lake City, UT
10/15/2008 Studio Seven - Seattle, WA
10/16/2008 Rotture - Portland, OR
10/17/2008 The Metro - Oakland, CA
10/18/2008 Knitting Factory - Hollywood, CA
10/19/2008 Jumping Turtle - San Marcos, CA
10/20/2008 The Sets - Tempe, AZ
10/21/2008 Gator's - Farmington, NM
10/23/2008 Reno's Chop Shop - Dallas, TX
10/24/2008 Sun Valley Ranch - Victoria, TX w/Ritual Killer
10/25/2008 Red 7 - Austin, TX w/Ritual Killer
10/26/2008 Red Dragon - New Orleans, LA w/Ritual Killer
10/28/2008 Brass Mug - Tampa, FL
10/29/2008 Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
10/31/2008 Jaxx - Springfield, VA
11/01/2008 Sterling Hotel - Allentown, PA

http://www.templeofwatain.com
http://www.myspace.com/watainofficial
http://www.theajnaoffensive.com
http://www.myspace.com/theajnaoffensive

sounds like a good time
~gR~

I saw them on the last US tour and it was great. I will definitely be attending this as well. Probably the MA date.

So what exactly is Watain known for doing during concerts (or is that disclaimer just a gimmick)?

I was reading an interview with Nifelheim before and one of the members said if they were ever allowed to they'd spray the audience with arsenic (or some kind of lethal chemical, don't recall exactly). Crazy fucks.

So what exactly is Watain known for doing during concerts (or is that disclaimer just a gimmick)?

It's mostly a gimmick, although at the gig I went to they had a cup of blood which they thew on the audience in the front row (where I was). Other than that it wasn't too crazy: some bones, goat heads and crosses.

I heard at the later gigs the venues forbid them to use the blood on stage so who knows what will go down on this second run.

I never liked this band. They try so hard being evil and stuff. I know they are serious about it to since the vocalist made som weird comments to a friends friend of mine (who plays in a black metal band). Soemthing about how his band wasnt true and that "the black circle would keep and eye on them". Whatever dude :p

I went to the Celtic Frost/Kreator gig some year ago or so and Watain opened for them. What they claim to be evil, unholy and disturbing is basically drooling blood and throwing pieces of meat into the crowd. Ridiculous really.

I do appreciate black metal but Watain is the most poserlike band I know of that actually gets credit in black metal circles. I guess its becaus they were friends with Jon Nödtveidt or something.

It shouldn't be, because it's NOWHERE near as good, but it's still a good album on its own. Anyway, the supporting bands for this tour are funny...BOBE is ex-Teen Cthulhu, an indie-rock-gone-blackened-hardcore band and Withered is on Prosthetic Records, a noted scene-y metalcore label (one of the better ones though)...though I guess they are sludgy.

Yeah, I wouldn't pay much attention to that warning. Pretty good live band when I saw them, though them covering Dissection was kinda funny. That's like County Medical Examiners covering Carcass.