Watchtower: (vocalist wanted!) ???

Aug 27, 2004
The Watchtower myspace says that Alan is gone! What happened to him? This cd BETTER still happen. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:

Yes, WatchTower is currently looking for a singer. Plans to record and release a new CD entitled 'Mathematics" are of course still on. Here is the official press release...

"Well, this isn't something we've wanted to do but taking everything into consideration it's a step we had to take: We have decided to part ways with Alan Tecchio and look for a new vocalist. We know this announcement may come to shock to many who've heard our new song, 'The Size of Matter', and saw us live with Alan in Germany last month. Alan did a great job on 'Matter' and we had a blast getting back together on stage so this isn't about the usual musical or personal differences. We want to wish Alan good luck in his future endeavors, including his upcoming Bang Your Head!!! show with Hades.

"We've had several discussions concerning the future of WATCHTOWER leading up to our Keep It True show and since then about what we would like to accomplish with our new album. One major aspect of that is playing live and being able to take advance of possible touring opportunities in order to maximize the potential we see in 'Mathematics.' We have always felt that the true strength of WATCHTOWER is that of live band rather than what've done in the studio. And with record sales being what they are these days being able to tour and establishing a live presence becomes that much more important. Unfortunately, we all have our own economic realities to deal with and Alan simply could not give us the kind of commitment now that we know we will require in the forseeable future in order to promote 'Mathematics' in a live capacity. So rather than putting out 'Mathematics' with a singer we know will not be able to tour with us, we've decided to end things now and look for someone new who is ready, willing, and able to go it all the way with the band.

"We are under no illusion that finding that voice for WATCHTOWER will be an easy task, especially if our last singer search back in the early 90's is anything to go by. But, we are hopeful that with the help of the internet we'll be able to cast a wider net and find that needle in a haystack this time. We are looking for someone who has a grasp of the mechanics of music, i.e. an understanding of time signature changes, a good sense of timing, can write melodies, and is willing a go a little nuts with us on stage. We'd prefer someone in Texas, though we understand the geography may require flexibility to get the right person. If you sound like a cross between Devin Townsend, Geddy Lee, Myles Kennedy, and Russell Allen and have the crazy stage personality of a Mike Patton - we want to hear from you! If you ARE Devin, Geddy, Myles or Russ - we want to hear from you!

For any potential candidates not familiar with the madness of WATCHTOWER - you can listen to 'The Size of Matter' here and watch recent video of 'Tyrants In Distress' from the Keep It True festival in Germany here to get an idea of what you'd be getting yourself into.

If all that doesn't scare you off, please send samples of your work (links are preferred) and a brief outline of your musical background and experience to watchtowerTX@gmail.com. If we hear something that might be a good fit, we will get in touch with you and take things from there."

Last edited by a moderator:
:OMG: Ok... I guess I should have expected it would happen something like this. Its a bit sad as I liked how Alan sounds in The Size of Matter (also in C&R)

But you are the ones that know the situation better. So I wish you good luck in your search. I am eager to hear your new singer, I guess it will add some fresh sound to the band...

The Size of Matter is a great song, did you record some other songs with Alan? May be you can release an EP :heh:, for those of us that are too anxious.

Best wishes,

BAD news! :cry:
I think that you atleast should record "Mathematics" with Alan on vocals. Then you can find someone else to go live with.
It wouldnt be a Tower album without Alan or Jason i think. Maybe you could invite both to sing on the album? And how about guest inviting Billy white too?

It would be great if you could upload some videos from your recording sessions, or from your rehearsal!

You should get that guy who sang on "Melissa's Friend" from Ink Compatible. He was freaking awesome!

edit: I don't know who that was so please tell me if you know.

"that guy" is Daniel Gildenlow from Pain of Salvation. i guess he is quite busy (and Sweden is far from Texas).

Yes he is one of my favourite singers, but I don't know if it is the kind of singer they are looking for WT.

Best wishes,

PS: The singer of Melissa's friend is clearly stated in the booklet of Ink Compatible! Buy the CD!
There is no excuse for not buying it, I live in an underdeveloped country (with a very disfavourable
exchange rate) and I have bought it. And when I had no credit card I just sent the money to Ron in an envelope, so that
is not an excuse for not paying to the artist you like. I find great to download music to see which artist do I like, but then..
buy the CD!

Sorry, thats all. Best wishes

Guys..... I have A FEELING that most of Mathematics is done. And I have A FEELING that Alan's vocals were a tiny bit off from the other tracks but MIGHT sound really good. I have A FEELING that if they polished the vocal tracks (turned down the levels on his voice and EQ'd them) and released Mathematics. That it would be something special. I know Ron you are busy with the 3rd Blotted record and DVDs, I really can't wait for those. But have some faith in Alan, he really wants to finished off this record. He loves the material. Especially with Toxik and Confessor back Mathematics would blow everything out of the water. Even if you think that "the material is old" Watchtower is a band that is forever timeless. I could listen to Control 50 years from now and it would still sound like sound from a distant future. For the love of god try again with Alan.