Waterclime!?

Sigurðr;9143766 said:
excuse me? :mad: :mad:
SDG or me :oops:

I'll update all you guys as often as I can. The FB-new was something I just wrote all in a rush. I'll give you more info as soon as I have time to write it down properly. But the news is correct. Mixing the new Vintersog album this summer and a new Waterclime piece is sitting on the shelf waiting...

mr V

I'll update all you guys as often as I can. The FB-new was something I just wrote all in a rush. I'll give you more info as soon as I have time to write it down properly. But the news is correct. Mixing the new Vintersog album this summer and a new Waterclime piece is sitting on the shelf waiting...

mr V

forgive us! :worship:notworthy:worship:
we are pretty impatient when it comes to your music! :p

He doesn't ignore us, we're his damn forum trolls. He feeds us every once in a while, and that's more than most bands do for their internet lurking fans.

When he releases albums, we're happy for exactly 1 hour, and then we want more music.

Gotta be less impatient. There's no use complaining. He knows people are constantly posting on his forum, and that when he posts something, it'll be seen.

mr V

Thank you for the update!

I found your FB page under 'Andreas Hedlund', but I don't know if that's the 'right' page to friend for info. I don't want to intrude if it's truly meant for relatives and the like. (But, I did sent a friend request anyways in case it's not; it's from 'Sara Linde'.)

Sigurðr;9144473 said:
Thks, good to see you care with your friends *Its wrong say friend?* here :) good luck with your productions, I know its gonna be awesome

I think that 'minions' would be a better term...:loco:

to add my own thoughts: i'm sick and tired of all these overhyped networks: yesterday it was myspace, today it's facebook and twitter, tomorrow what's next?? there's no end to it, and i'm not following the masses anymore. Not to mention that so many bands have given up their official websites in favor of running the official myspace, are they now going to hop from one new hyped network to the other as the time passes? :erk:

very sad indeed :erk: i really hope this won't become a trend...

can't wait for just about any new record from mr.V :headbang:

Yes, but you make millions of dollars by doing that. You just need a bright idea. But I agree, these social networks drive me insane. Oh and you missed Hi5, which was pretty popular here in CR.

I don't find those social networks bad by themselves, it depends how they are used. For example, I use Fb mainly to know quickly about gigs and updates from bands (local and ww known ones) as well as to get in touch with few people who lives far away. I do miss the official websites, myspace it's not enough for me. In fact, I use myspace just a little, for the same reason than Fb.

I guess mr V is really busy and maybe he wrote on Fb in a rush. Let's hope he'll post here soon with more info.

@Defiance: I just imagined a thread done by Mr V called 'Vintersorg bass auditions!' (post your Vintersorg bass cover video here). I would post The Explorer, Spegelsfären or A Sphere in a Sphere.

I don't like that bands now have Twitter, Facebook, MySpace plus (some) the official web-site! It drives me insane, it's too much. It was nicer when it was just www.borknagar.com , much more classy IMO. But I guess I'm old and can't just keep on with the changing times.

I would post… all of them! Hmm I'd have to think about it. I'm not an excellent bass player, but I think you're quite good (at least better than moi :p).

Perhaps Andreas will seriously consider taking us into account. It's very easy to work like this nowadays, geographical distances are not a problem any more.

I'll update all you guys as often as I can. The FB-new was something I just wrote all in a rush. I'll give you more info as soon as I have time to write it down properly. But the news is correct. Mixing the new Vinterso[r]g album this summer and a new Waterclime piece is sitting on the shelf waiting....

mr V

Thank you! I, as probably everyone else here, is very excited.

I'm really looking forward to the Vintersorg album. There was such controversy with the vocals on Borknagar's Universal, that I'm wondering if you're going to continue in that style, or go old-school, or use a totally new and über-cool style. I loved the vocals on Universal, so it'd be interesting to hear how those sound in a pure Vintersorg album.

He doesn't ignore us, we're his damn forum trolls. He feeds us every once in a while, and that's more than most bands do for their internet lurking fans.

When he releases albums, we're happy for exactly 1 hour, and then we want more music.

Gotta be less impatient. There's no use complaining. He knows people are constantly posting on his forum, and that when he posts something, it'll be seen.

I know, relax because…

uhm it's not like we're complaining, it's more like fishing for an answer, and look: it works! ;):worship: mr.V is the best!

Yeah Mr V is the best! :headbang: Hehehe.

I love Facebook, it gives me easy access to harass all my closest friends all at once.

Not to mention, I've found a lot of friends of years gone by on there.

I think if there was a website made only for bands, then it wouldn't be piggy backing on the social networking hype. Then bands wouldn't have to make their own sites and people could still easily follow them.

I think if there was a website made only for bands, then it wouldn't be piggy backing on the social networking hype. Then bands wouldn't have to make their own sites and people could still easily follow them.
i thought there exists something like that already, it's called reverbnation or something? though i'm not entirely sure it is what you meant... I think the problem is that there are too many sites/networks like that out there already, so people/fans are scattered all over the internet, while having one official band website like www.vintersorg.com would make them all go there for the news/merch/what not, instead of Pete following on twitter, John on myspace, Jane on facebook and Joe on reverbnation. It also would require just one update instead of 100x all those networks. I think what we are going to end up with, is that bands will be updating only myspace today, forgetting the twitter, only facebook tomorrow forgetting the myspace etc etc. You get the picture. I would really hate that, as that would mean joining all of those networks or missing out on important updates... :erk:

But I guess I'm old and can't just keep on with the changing times.
if you are too old for these changes than that makes me ancient :lol: I think it's not about the age, i would change if i saw any reason in that, now i just think it's a waste of time/efforts.

I'm really looking forward to the Vintersorg album. There was such controversy with the vocals on Borknagar's Universal, that I'm wondering if you're going to continue in that style, or go old-school, or use a totally new and über-cool style. I loved the vocals on Universal, so it'd be interesting to hear how those sound in a pure Vintersorg album.
I really really hope no Universal style vocals! :eek: But we'll see. I guess it's at least safe to expect no such vocals on the new Waterclime record? :p

i thought there exists something like that already, it's called reverbnation or something? though i'm not entirely sure it is what you meant... I think the problem is that there are too many sites/networks like that out there already, so people/fans are scattered all over the internet, while having one official band website like www.vintersorg.com would make them all go there for the news/merch/what not, instead of Pete following on twitter, John on myspace, Jane on facebook and Joe on reverbnation. It also would require just one update instead of 100x all those networks. I think what we are going to end up with, is that bands will be updating only myspace today, forgetting the twitter, only facebook tomorrow forgetting the myspace etc etc. You get the picture. I would really hate that, as that would mean joining all of those networks or missing out on important updates... :erk:
Well there are people already trying to fix the issue that there are so many flavour of the month social networking sites, all disconnected from each other. They have implemented a method that allows people to connect to each other regardless of what site their account is on. That way someone on fb and myspace could still communicate to each other.

Of course though, the big social networking sites aren't going to do that since they don't want to loose users, but still, sites like google buzz, status.net, identi.ca, WordPress.com, and Tumblr are all using it and it's awesome!

If someone made a band only site based on this premise I think it would solve most people issues with social networking sites. It wouldn't be dictated by what users were on it, and then bands wouldn't need to spend money paying people to make sites for them.

Yes!, but im sure that if Mr. V accept help, a lot of people will want to do the site "all for free", isn it?.