Bands similar to Waterclime?

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
I can't get enough of Waterclime, but there are only 8 songs! Does anybody know any other bands like Waterclime? The only band I know that's sort of like Waterclime is Black Bonzo.

Since Waterclime is geared to 70s Progressive Rock I'd recommend you some of those typical artistis of that genre namely old Genesis (without Phil Collins), Camel, Yes, King Crimson or maybe even Pink Floyd.

Thidrek said:
Since Waterclime is geared to 70s Progressive Rock I'd recommend you some of those typical artistis of that genre namely old Genesis (without Phil Collins), Camel, Yes, King Crimson or maybe even Pink Floyd.
Oh, yes, early Gabriel-era Genesis was outstanding!

The only Yes I know is Yours Is No Disgrace, and I'll be damned if it isn't an excellent song.

Alteredmindeath said:
Dude check out

Gentle Giant

Camel

Nectar
exactly.
i'll second Moonmadness for Camel (great instrumental chill music)
gentle giant is the best band ever. get "Free Hand"
I also like Van der Graaf Generator - Still Life (a bit on the gloomy side though) Godbluff might be more similar to Waterclime.

karpsmom said:
Well I've heard most of those bands. What is the best Yes album to start with, Genesis and Camel too. I've never heard those three.

I always wanted to by myself a Genesis cd but I never did, but heard quite alot of songs on www.deliciousagony.com, the best prog rock radio out there!
But I'm sure you know some newer Genesis stuff from the radio like "No son of mine", "Jesus he knows me" or "I can't dance". Butthey are plain pop rock, not progressive in any way.

From Camel I can recommend "Mirage". The song "Lady Fantasy" is so damn chilly.

Yes really sloweed down during the 80s. I bed you'll know "Owner of a lonely heart" from the radio or so. But the best album to start with is their '74 album "Fragile" or "Yessongs".

karpsmom said:
I can't get enough of Waterclime, but there are only 8 songs! Does anybody know any other bands like Waterclime? The only band I know that's sort of like Waterclime is Black Bonzo.

Black Bonzo is currently in the recording studio, so they should be releasing something sometime. Vintersorg fun facts: Micke, drummer of Black Bonzo, used to play live keyboards for Vintersorg.

Man I'm on holiday in Israel and Prog Rock is so popular here its so awesome, you go into a shop and aside from genres like hiphop,techno, rock whatever they have a whole section for progressive.

^ That is so cool. Here we have Christian (as a genre :err:), Country, Hip-hop, and pop/rock. The bigger stores carry Metal, Classical, and Jazz.

needless to say, I do all my shopping online.

Stefader said:
Black Bonzo is currently in the recording studio, so they should be releasing something sometime. Vintersorg fun facts: Micke, drummer of Black Bonzo, used to play live keyboards for Vintersorg.

That's awesome news! And a very interesting fact!