Upcoming Album ???

New album? Love it! Another question; Is there any new material from Cronian somewhere on the horizon? Terra is simply fantastic, it still grows better each I hear it, and I've heard it Alot of times!

A new Cronian album is in the making..but it'll take us some time to get it together. Nice that you like Terra!!

mr V

I cannot choose a favorite Andreas Hedlung album. Each band kind of has their own thing to it - that special something that the others don't have. If each band sound so much alike, it would be rather pointless to say.
Umm... Solens Rötter is deffinately a better album than The Focusing Blur, in my opinion. As an artist grows, so does their ability/talent - so I would say it's better just by that reason alone. From the Vintersorg collection, I tend to favor Till Fjälls and Hedniskhjärtad more than anything else, but at the same time respected all others very highly.
The songtexts to those two albums are amazing, not to mention that instrumental ability and vocal talent. I was very blown away by them!

But, it is nice to hear that Fisson and Cronian are still alive and kicking and one day soon will be releasing more material for us to enjoy.
The new Waterclime record is utterly outstanding - I loved it!
What about Havayoth? Ummm... it has been a while since I have read any news on that project. Is it even still alive or will a new release by told?

Hmmm... I heard there was an Otyg reunion. And come to think of it, it was said to be in my house in Färgelande, this June.
*Oh wait... damn! That's just my wishfull thinking*
I could dream, can't I?

Svarthjärtad;6740653 said:
What about Havayoth? Ummm... it has been a while since I have read any news on that project. Is it even still alive or will a new release by told?

Well Vintersorg's been out of that project for a while now and not much else has happened. It's been 7 years since 'His Creation Reversed'

2006-05-23
"A Journey Called Dreams" has been put to sleep. The desicion was made not to use this material for Havayoth. However, a new recording is soon to be finished and you will be able to download a couple of tracks from this site when it's completed.

This was posted on Havayoth's pages a good year and a half ago. And nothing since then (well they did report that their guestbook was down 2 days ago:D). So it doesn't look all that good. Time will tell.

Oh shit...
I liked Havayoth. I will admit, it's not my stil of music, but it's great, nonetheless.
I wish people would come to their senses... A.Hedlund is one of, if not the best modern artist in the world. Haha.
But, it's their opinions - I can't force my own ideas.
This does kind of ruin my hopes of one day hearing new released of Havayoth...

I would love to hear Vintersorg on another Havayoth album. That laid back vibe is awesome.

Anyway, I am hoping most that there are some English tracks on a new Vintersorg album!

...Please?

I'm currently working/thinking on the lyrical concepts and I think that I dare to say that it'll be some form of concept album...as I like wholeness is things.

mr V

Wow a concept album sounds really exciting, I've always wondered how this would work with Vintersorg- perhaps like an Ayreon album but more heavy
I think as Mr V fans we are extremely lucky I mean he puts a new album out on a new project like every few months whilst other fans have to wait like a few years for their favourite band to release an album.
Also even the way how we interacts with us, even on a small level.
What are the chances of Tool ever posting on their forum? Pretty minimal.

also english would be nice! :worship:

Generally i dont like concept albums because in most cases if they are bad,they are REALLY bad. But now and then there comes great ones as well,i´m guessing on the latter in this case:)

Generally i dont like concept albums because in most cases if they are bad,they are REALLY bad. But now and then there comes great ones as well,i´m guessing on the latter in this case:)

1. the least concept albums are bad. but it may depend on the music you're listening to...
2. mr. v won't make any BAD album!!! ;)

1. the least concept albums are bad. but it may depend on the music you're listening to...
2. mr. v won't make any BAD album!!! ;)

I dont know,a concept album which many people love but i dont like at all is Operation Mindcrime,i think it´s their worst album. Even if some songs are ok they all get caught in the same "feel" because of the binding story,that´s what i see as the risk/greatness of concept albums.
A good example on the other hand i think is Ayreons The Human Equation.
But yeah,it´s Vintersorg after all:)

How about Pink Floyd - The Wall?Now there's one kick ass concept album!

I don't know, TFB was love at first listen, whereas SR took some listenings to. It's still growing though, so I don't know where it will end... :)

The thing with the album we're working on is that it's kind of a concept but not totally strictly....no plans to have different characters and that kind of stuff..so it's more like a general story/atmosphere ..and every song takes you to a specific place.

mr V

Sounds sweet! Definitly something to look forward to! Will you be doing a tour for the album when it's released? (sorry, had to ask... :)) But some merch would be nice, like shirts and stuff. How come there wasn't any made for Solens Rötter?

The thing with the album we're working on is that it's kind of a concept but not totally strictly....no plans to have different characters and that kind of stuff..so it's more like a general story/atmosphere ..and every song takes you to a specific place.

mr V
Sounds quite like the concept of Focusing Blur to me (voyage through the greyspace between science and spirituality, tied together by the narration parts... works loosely as a concept album, too).

np: Crimson Jazz Trio - I Talk To The Wind