Waves ADT: finally I don't have to struggle anymore with shitty musicians....

Good question, why would anyone update if they don't need it? We specifically state if you don't need to update it's not necessary to continue using your license. The great things about WUP (if and when you need it) is you get immediate access and 1 year of:

1) Any DAW/OS updates, and/or plugin updates (AAX 64bit support, 64bit Native for VST/AU, etc) added

2) Additional plugins added to the bundle. For example we have added the following plugins to the Gold Bundle under WUP.

GTR3 Bundle
V-Series Bundle
MV2
H-Comp
H-Delay
Waves Tune LT
IR-L
Doubler

3) Access to Tech Support you can actually get on the phone or through email almost 24/7

In addition to this we provide a WUP Voucher good for the amount you spent on the update good towards up to 50% off a new bundle or bundle upgrade or up to 25% off single plugin purchases.

Again if you don't need it, don't renew WUP. Granted it's a fairly unique way to provide upgrades/updates, but when you know the facts it's a fair and in many ways beneficial way to do it.

More details can be found at http://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan, including what bonus plugins have been added to different bundles.

Feel free to drop me an email direct at tim@waves.com if you have any more questions or problems.

Tim at Waves

Thanks Tim. Yep I don't have to get WUP every year which is nice. This time I mainly got it to get the Schepps 73 EQ, and am just hoping for releases like that in the coming year. It's sort of becoming like gambling haha. And then a seemingly nice plugin pops up, which has to be in the damn Abbey Road series again lol, and I go like "doh!". Yep I know, introduction prices, coupons and stuff like that. But no cool plugin from the "wishing well" without again dropping in coins if you catch my drift. Can't imagine I'm the only one feeling that way. :loco: