WCFYA sales updated

Cadillac Rock Box should be the next single! Amazing riff!
BTW MichiMikey - St Anger is a badly produced, nu metal piece of shit that couldnt lick the boots of And Justice For All. :D

TakinTheMusicBack said:
BTW MichiMikey - St Anger is a badly produced, nu metal piece of shit that couldnt lick the boots of And Justice For All. :D
As was the black album and all since. Now I don't love the whole record, but that title track is something to be heard. Give it another shot....

The fellas are playing here (Detroit) on the 16th, very little has been said about the tour on radio here, almost no pub. Tiks prob arent selling well, the (only) local rock(?) station gave away a four pack at lunch yesterday. I wish they'd play the commercial here, and maybe kick the promoter in the ass! :heh:

Go to Anthrax.com and print up some flyers. Then put them up everywhere!!!! Record stores, bars, laundrymats, grocery store, gas stations............

Call your radio station and request "Safe Home" and remind them of the show. (Post the stations info here and we'll also bug them)

Oh, and you could fax the flyer to the radio station.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
This fucking pisses me off so much. WCFYA sells 30,000 while St Bob goes double platinum 10 minutes after it's fuckin released. Where's the justice?
There is no jusitce I guess. :yell:

I need to see them live dammit. :yell:

TakinTheMusicBack said:

couldnt agree more,when i first heard it i thought it was pretty mild,after a couple months it is prob my fav song off the record!!!

cadillac would destroy live

MichiMikey said:
As was the black album and all since. Now I don't love the whole record, but that title track is something to be heard. Give it another shot....

I've had the album since it came out and forced myself to listen to it repeatedly. It's a pile of shite. That drum, the muddy guitars, the lack of solos, the looped songs. It's an utter disgrace of a record.

Metal Maiden said:
Go to Anthrax.com and print up some flyers. Then put them up everywhere!!!! Record stores, bars, laundrymats, grocery store, gas stations............

Call your radio station and request "Safe Home" and remind them of the show. (Post the stations info here and we'll also bug them)

Oh, and you could fax the flyer to the radio station.
If anyone feels like helping out the fellas via a Detroit radio station, the numbers are posted on the NFWS with the other stations. 9 days left til we 'thrax here in Detroit!!! :worship:

two huge reasons why wcfya isnt selling as good as it could, both of which anthrax could have an impact on......

1) safe home FUCKING SUCKS!! why oh why did they pick this as the lead off single? any other song on the cd would have been a better choice, yes, even black dahlia - but for real, something like "cadillac rock box" or "think about an end" would have been GREAT first singles - and "what doesnt die" would be a great second hit, assuming the first one took off - just my opinion -

problem # 2) the typical price of this disc is close to $20.00 - theyre just begging people to download or buy it off of half.com - personally i traded in a bunch of shit cd's to raise the money because i didnt want to spend that much, and that was after downloading and finding it to be the best release theyve done since sound of white noise -

take a hit on the front end guys, invest in yourself, and itll pay dividends down the road -

on a supportive note, i absolutely will be at the show 8-22 in pittsburgh, whoo fucking hoo -

RK

The strange part for me is that they never play Taking the Music Back live, yet they're releasing it as the next single. Will they intro it to the live set when they put it out as a single then.....??

I think that they picked Safe Home because it was so "marketable"....radoi -friendly, ya know. It's not my fav on the record, but I know why they did it. I didn't pay $20 either....so someone's getting hosed.

Yeah I think Scott said he'd like to see Refuse as the next single - meaning the 3rd single off WCFYA after Taking the Music Back.

Refuse would be perfect as a single - melodic, hard, only 3 odd minutes something, yet brutal still. Not to mention it has been my personal fave track from the record since day 1.

timmyc said:
Yeah I think Scott said he'd like to see Refuse as the next single - meaning the 3rd single off WCFYA after Taking the Music Back.

Refuse would be perfect as a single - melodic, hard, only 3 odd minutes something, yet brutal still. Not to mention it has been my personal fave track from the record since day 1.

good hindsight timmy,when i first heard this song being the first new material in a while from thrax i was blown away by it,it was on the backburner for a while but its no one of the standout tracks for me along with cadillac rock box.