We have no avatars

Hi all,

In an effort to battle high bandwidth (as always!), we will soon be implementing a system where avatars will need to be hosted on external webspace. This way, each avatar for our thousands of users won't be pulled from our servers, meaning lower bandwidth, and (hopefully) faster forums for you all as well.

This will be implemented at the end of next week (July 26), to allow everyone time to have their avatar image online.

Please also note that avatars will need to be 100 * 100 pixels in size at this point in time. We hope to allow for multiple sizes at a point in the future, but as this is just the first faze in new changes for UM things will (hopefully) only get better
UPDATE - July 23
We have disabled AVATARS and FORUM JUMP for now while we prepare for the changeover. Please note we will also be installing more memory on the server soon, so it should be somewhat faster as well.

Apologies to those who are inconvenienced by this, but hopefully it will be of benefit to us all in the long run.

Regards,
Mark

They'll be back in a couple of days to allow everyone to grab them (in case they've deleted their local copy). Then you can run them from an external server I'm looking for options for everyone, btw, so hope to have some links by Friday!

Originally posted by Gums
Hehe you mean the one I had that was me, or the one that was Simen himself?

I know, my avatars just seem to be getting worse and worse, don't they :p

:lol: hehe....I actually meant Simen but now that you mention it.......I like the avi that showed you the best so far :)